Author Topic: Dobermans  (Read 18751 times)

osirisdobermans

Dobermans
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:51:26 pm »

The Doberman Pinscher is a medium to large working, protection dog as originally bred for. The ideal male ranges from 26 - 28 inches. Though I have seen smaller dobes then this and much larger dobes which were not properly bred. The ideal female ranges from 24 - 26 inches and same as the males I have seen many large and many smaller dobe bitches but they were not of show quality. The Ideal weight is around 50-80 pounds. Which can differ among lines, health and quality of breeding. Males being sometimes twice as big as a bitch. The height, measured vertically from the ground to the highest point of the withers, equalling the length measured horizontally from the forechest to the rear projection of the upper thigh. Length of head, neck and legs in proportion to length and depth of body.The appearance is that of a dog of medium size, with a body that is square. Compactly built, muscular and powerful, for great endurance and speed. Elegant in appearance, of proud carriage, reflecting great nobility and temperament. Energetic, watchful, determined, alert, fearless, loyal and obedient. (AKC standard)

The allowed colors are Black, Red, Blue, and Fawn or Isabella with Rust markings.

The Albino White is NOT an allowed color can be reg. with the AKC but cannot compete in conformation. White Dobes also have many many defects and have been known to attack people or things because lack of good sight.

In truth dobermans aren't vicious and shouldn't be vicious. If you acquire a dobe I suggest you train and give positive reinforcement.
I like to use pinch collars or gentle leaders which are much safer than a choke chain on my younger dogs.

Only an owner loved by a dobe can experince it's clown like behavior and humorous antics.

For more Info. www.dpca.org
             www.akc.org or email me @ osirisdoberman s@yahoo.com

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Dobermans
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 04:17:03 pm »
I couldn't agree more with the last sentence, oh soooo true.  I prefer the gentle leader over the pinch collar though, Dobes are sensitive.

Jaimie

Offline Tracy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 07:33:53 pm »
Cheers to the Dobie owners! ;D They are forever friends.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 08:24:40 pm »
Jaimie, do you have any pictures of your dobes?

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:37:33 pm »
Here is my beloved Dobie Ace,  hope it works.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:38:52 pm »
Here we are being lazy!!!!!

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 08:50:03 pm »
And here is Sasha the day after we adopted her just 5 weeks ago, she is Dobie/Lab cross.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 08:54:40 pm »
Sasha looks so happy in her new home. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 09:27:03 pm »
For sure! Sasha looks very happy! She must have alot of character. I love her ears!

Offline bleeorg

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 03:30:57 pm »
I am new to this forum but is this for people with AKC reg dobies or anyone ? My baby was a doberman rescue adoptie and she is the most special friend in the world. Her name is Ivy I will poet her pictre soon.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 03:41:01 pm »
This forum is for anyone! That is what makes it such a great place, welcome!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline GracieGirl

• Gnawer
  • Partners in Crime
    • View Profile
    • My Dobies album
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 10:03:33 pm »
We have 2 dobies. One 4 year old natural black/tan girl, and one 6 week old fawn girl. My husband wants our girls to be unique. The older is not docked or cropped, and the younger will be standard.  They're both being raised with our 8 year old son, and have never had any signs of aggression. The only Alpha is this house will always be me, lol ::).
Forget Caller I.D., I want Caller I.Q.?