Author Topic: Titan looks like lego :)  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Titan looks like lego :)
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:58:31 am »
Well let me start from Sunday... I will try not to be toooooooo long!
Titan has always had trobles with digestion...lo ose stool, sometimes we have blowouts and allregies and intolerences to certain foods...soooo. ..we have been looking for a digestive enzyme for him to help his gut along. We were using a certain formula from the vet but for the cost I think there are more advanced products out on the market today!
So we were (key word here were) trying Slippery Elm...it was working wonders....unt ill Yesturday...
Monday we a bit of hives (5 or 6) no biggie we have seen them before maybe he got into something got a bug bite licked a fork in the dishwasher something is irrating him it should be cleared up by tomorrow....we ll Tuesday comes with a few more hives; interesting... .we HAVE to watch him today nothing but his food and his specific treats and they should be cleared up by Wednesday... I give hubby the 5th degree and say no snacking snack-master just Titan's food nothing else and hubby followed along with me...
YESTURDAY... I go home everyday at lunch to give Titan a break like we usally do; we play and walk and have our lunch together; well I walked in yesturday and he is running around like a crazy person....I finally got him settled and noticed that this was not my puppy...who is this thing and what is growing allllll over him....he looked like LEGO!! He had that many hives... I felt so bad for him he was soooo itchy!!
So we call the vet and into the car we go and in a matter of and hour; a shot of steriods and a shot of anti-histime and $100 bucks later he is resting peacfully on my kitchen floor; hive free!  :o
So we are concluding that Slippery Elm helps the digestive track and I have never seen better stool come out of him but... lego man can not come back so we are off to see if we can find something better and that does not make him look like a giant missing part to the car I built when I was 5!
Any suggestions... .. again sorry for soooo long!
Thanks
Adrienne and "Itch Free" Titan
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:31:29 am by Apreston »

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Titan looks like lego :)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:49:22 pm »
Maybe this has to do with the name..Titan... because i know everyother mastiff i know of is fine with food...exceptt hose named titan.... :-\  perhaps i will rename him mr. wiggles...that suits him well!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:14:05 pm »
Awwwwww poor Titan--Farley knows how he feels. Farley is allergic to tomatoes ::) He breaks out into hives really bad. I hope you find a solution soon  :)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:44:56 pm »
awwww...poor guy!  I hope you can find something for him that really works.  Try looking at the website www.onlynatura lpet.com maybe you can find something there.
Good Luck to you guys.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:53:10 pm »
Thanks guys.... poor Titan poor itchy Titan!
We are hopeing that a new supplement will work out for him a trial and error process! We are looking into Missing Link. I have been reading up on it today and looks good I think I have read over 100 different reviews from different
web sites and they all sound very positive. So we are off to the pet store tomorrow to see if we can find it! It has EVERYTHING in it we are looking for Gluecosomine for his hips and legs, pro-biotic digestive enzemys, immune bosters and it also helps with allergies! So it would be once a day intstead of the 5 or 6 differnt supplements we are trying now. Wish us luck! And thanks for your support!
PS: Lego Man says Hi and thanks for thinking of him but all of you would have been better off here yesturday scratching him!
 :D  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:55:37 pm by Apreston »