Author Topic: Prescription food...IAMS  (Read 8153 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Prescription food...IAMS
« on: May 29, 2008, 10:24:16 am »
Hello sorry for another post from me..but i am running across an issue....yet again....so the vet gave us prescription food for titan's stomach...so we can feed kibble vs. raw.  HOLY COW....our back yard looks like we have cows. The amount of poop that comes from dry food...HOLY MOLY....i am used to titan's poop being firm, somewhat dry, and less than 1/2 a cup of poo....after eating 4 pounds of chicken.   So we are on Iams food now and i can't stand iams...i hate the company so much, although titan has not had any booty blowouts with the new food. I listed the ingredients here...is there any other food similar?
Potato, Herring Meal (source of fish oil), Catfish, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Fish Digest, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosph ate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Cobalt Carbonate 

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein not less than  22 
Crude Fat not less than  12 
Moisture not more than  10 
Crude Fiber not more than  4 
Omega-6 Fatty Acids not less than*  1.2 
Omega-3 Fatty Acids not less than*  0.24 

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Prescription food...IAMS
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
I saw the fish and potato...but that fish is salmon...the one he is on now is herrin...so... i got the veneson and potato...i am sure he will like it more than the other stuff!! I just hate the fact he poops out the same amount as go in...it is in the same comeing out as going in...just in a poop form..lol.  ::) but he poops just as much as he eats...nothing getting digested at all!!! So hopefully the natural balance veneson will work...

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:11:20 pm »
i understand to give them time to adjust...i get that part! We have done this route before and had no luck. His poop is fine now with the prescription food, it is normal in all ways...include ing HUGE. I know that dry is different from raw, although he is pooping 6 cups..and eating 6 cups...it is firm poop although it is just a lot that is all...but oh well... i am going to try the natural balance for now and see what happens. Cali naturals is super expencive around here because one or two stores have it that is it.  I need to feed 4 dogs, it doesn't have to be the same, it would just be easier if it was!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:30:24 pm »
ooohhhh....you smart!!!! The food we are using...the natural balance has no grains in it, which is awesome!!! So i can't wait until we are good.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:11:28 pm »
Sorry for confusion, we do have maya back wit hus, we are getting the mastiff i think tommorow....th e vet gave us iams, and we are trying the natural balance.  The iams package was a 4 pound package...so literally it was a 2 day bag and that was it. since i didn't want to use iams, i went serching today for something else when someone here recommended the natural baleance...so we are trying that one know.....i know i am a scatter brain...i have so much sh** going on in my head it is insane and lately the things i am saying don't make sense. Thank you for dealing with me.   :) ::)