Author Topic: Any Choc Lab puppies in New England?  (Read 8974 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Any Choc Lab puppies in New England?
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:42:50 pm »
No.. not for me.    :-\

My 15yr cousin is looking to add another choc labbie to their family, with his parents' permission.  I was able to find their other boy Lucky, a2yr old choc lab, on craigslist.  They love him so much that they want to get him a buddy. 

I don't think it matters girl/boy, it will be fixed(Lucky already is).  They have a decent sized yard with an underground fence.  My cousin is Lucky's caretaker and he's very outdoorsy.  He walks, trains and feeds him and they are practically inseparable.  Though my aunt/uncle take care of the vet bills.

So far they've told me that they want a puppy and a choc lab, preferably the taller/lankier lines.  American, I'm guessing?  lol  I know nothing about Labs really so not sure. 

They live in the middle of CT, so something within reasonable driving distance.  Within 2 hours, I suppose?

My cousin is paying for the original price I believe, so they're looking for a rehome or a cheaper puppy.  I'm guessing a couple hundred?  I'm trying to talk them into going to a breeder who does testing at least if the rehome option doesn't work out.  Not sure if they'll listen though.

I can vouch for them being a good home.  They aren't "dog crazy people" but their animals are always taken care off and much loved.  They currently have a 20 something cat that has probably cost them an arm and a leg this past year.  So they are responsible.  :)

If anyone knows anything, please toss it my way.  Thanks!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Any Choc Lab puppies in New England?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
I just did a search and came up with these lab rescues.  I wonder if the CT people on here have any puppies...

www.geocities. com/kwanyee_leung/rescue.html

www.thelabrado rclub.com/

I hope that he finds his perfect new buddy!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 09:32:55 pm by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:05 pm »
The taller thinner lines are generally the field lines, they are a more intense dog, they need to work, tend to be high drive and way more active than the show lines. 

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:15:57 am »
We got our Ozzy from a rescue in Connecticut, called New Day Rescue in Bloomfield, CT.  I just checked their site and there are lots of 'lab-mix' puppies (two adorable little girls, more vanilla than chocolate ...). 

I can't say enough about the shelter, the woman I met who had fostered Ozzy was wonderful, very loving but also VERY adamant that her 'charges' went to loving homes only (I had to do really convince her of our committment to our furkids, since I work full time).

The adoption fee is on the high end, I think we paid about $400, but Ozzy was fully vaccinated AND neutered ... and came somewhat training:  mostly housebroken, sit and very quiet ... since she lives in a rural neighborhood and fosters MANY dogs, she had taught them all NOT to bark when people approach the house ... we're RE-Training Ozzy that YES, you can bark to alert us to visitors, tee hee!!!

Best wishes ... always fun to bring home a new baby!!!
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Fable ~ 8 yeard old husky mix female
Minerva ~ 2 year old rat terrier female
Ozzy ~ baby Australian mixed with 'something big' male

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:01 am »
Thanks guys, I did send them links to all the local lab rescues.  I'm not sure if they'll be allowed to adopt though due to the fact that they have underground fencing.  I guess they'll find out.

The hunting lines makes sense why they like them.  His dad is into hunting and I'm guessing that these are the types of labs that they are normally around.

I know that Lucky is a bit of a spaz, loveable, but a spaz.   ;D  So I don't think it will be a problem, but I will remind them of that just in case.  Thanks again!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.