Author Topic: Demand spikes at pet food pantries as downturn hurts pets  (Read 4626 times)

Offline FergtheBerg

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Demand spikes at pet food pantries as downturn hurts pets
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:13:40 am »
This is pretty sad!
This is something to keep in mind the next time we are purchasing pet food...maybe purchase an extra bag (or cans) of dog or cat food and donate it to our local food pantry???

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/06/03/demand_spikes_at_pet_food_pantries_as_downturn_hurts_pets/

marypyrs

Re: Demand spikes at pet food pantries as downturn hurts pets
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:17:18 am »
I read this earlier today and I'm SO GLAD you posted it!

Thank You!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:44:01 am »
It so sad to me the state our country has got to. Ok honestly it makes me mad beyond words also.

I think it would be nice for the dog food companies to step up here. Maybe instead of sponsoring and giving food out at show/hunts ect.. they should donate to those truely in need.

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:50:54 am »
It so sad to me the state our country has got to. Ok honestly it makes me mad beyond words also.

I think it would be nice for the dog food companies to step up here. Maybe instead of sponsoring and giving food out at show/hunts ect.. they should donate to those truely in need.

EXCELLENT point Lisa! Perhaps we should all start contacting these companies. It would be far better that the Pets remain with the Families who love them rather than going to shelters and worse.