Author Topic: Only 5 weeks left!!!  (Read 3463 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Only 5 weeks left!!!
« on: June 10, 2008, 05:28:52 pm »
I am 35 weeks pregnant!!!  Isnt that crazy! I am so nervous. I am wondering what labor is going to feel like and I am so nervous about my water breaking in the grocery store!!

I know it is probably nothing to worry about but I am really scared.  Can anyone let me know about their experiences?  I will take the good with the bad but would rather just good!!! ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Only 5 weeks left!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 05:37:21 pm »
Yay, congratulation s!  You're at the point now where you can feel really good that the baby will do well now if born a little early.  I had preterm labor, so it always felt great to get to the 35-36 week mark. Mine all made it to full term, I just did a lot of reclining to keep them from coming early.

Regarding how it feels and all?  Here's the best that I can tell you.  When my second baby was 1 day old & the doctor was discharging me from the hospital, I asked him if there was any reason why we couldn't have a third baby.  His eyes got really big & he said "Missy, lets just get you home from the hospital first!" and he left the room rolling his eyes.  So see, it couldn't have been *that bad* now, could it?   :D  ::)  Oh & yes, we have 3 kids.....  LOL

I'm really excited for you. Soon you'll be holding your little one in your arms and feeling awestruck.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:50:36 pm »
Well.... it certainly is painful. I'll get that out of the way first. But rest assured many women's waters don't break until they are already aware they are in labor and at the hospital. Mine had to be broken for me. I won't go into detail about MY labor stories as they are abnormally horrific. But most of my mommy friends had totally normal labors with no complications. They had epidurals and after the line was placed didn't feel hardly a thing. Some of them have even said it was "a breeze", which is definitley not a term I would use for my labor, lol. I think part of my problem was that i decided to go au natural(no meds) and my first baby's head was 19 inches around.  ;) (which they neglected to tell me when they took her last ultrasound) she wouldn't fit and 38 hours of labor later had to be removed via c-section. (long story made VERY VERY short).  Rest assured that you will be fine and that anything you experience in labor will be 1 billion % worth it once you hold that new little life in your arms.
If you have any questions feel free to let me know!

oh.. and CONGRATULATION S!!! :D

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:39 pm »
I have 3 kids. The first was a 12 hour labor- 6 w/o an epidural and the last 6 were pain free with an epi :)
The second was 4 hours from start to finish and she came so quick there was NO EPIDURAL :o The little face is all I will say about that!  But I will tell you that I am a whimp when it comes to pain!  She was also the only birth in which my water broke on it's own at my house BEFORE labor started.  The third was 6 weeks early and another 12 hour labor, epidural assisted as soon as I got to the hospital ;D Did not want a repeat of birth #2.
The pain that I did experience was so worth it in the end.....I remind myself of that everyday now that the two oldest are teenagers and paining me in different ways these days!
Best of luck to you and cant wait to see pic's of the new addition!

modified because Gunner stepped on the computer and it posted
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:41:59 pm by KiraNGunnersmom »
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:58:18 am »
Don't be scared. It will be an almost natural feeling. With all 3 of mine I never had my water break. Some times you are in labor and don't even know it, which was my case. With my first the midwife at my appointment told me I was in labor and I still didn't feel anything for another 7 hours. Total in labor that I felt anything was 8 hours. With my other two I was walking around doing my own thing, went to a festival, ate hotdogs and had a great time all the while I was in labor but didn't know it. Once I felt something then it all went swish and in less than 3 hours I was holding a new baby, minus any drugs too. My last two also never had a cone head with such a fast labor and delivery, nor any bruising. With my experiences with the doctor and midwife I had, I would do it over and over again. But we are done with 3.  ;) The pain is almost addicting. Plus you forget it fast.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 05:41:38 am »
I am hoping that I am going to be my sister and go through about 5 hours of labor with an epi never feel a thing and three pushes they were both out.  HAHAHA Yea Right!!!!

I will probably be like my mom. 22 hours of hard labor and get a fourth degree tear!!! :o  And that was with her first she still had four of us after that!! Crazy women!

Did anyone ever use a midwife?  I am not using one this time but am really interested in it the next time(if their is onehahah)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 08:07:48 am »
The midwife here is who delivers the baby not the doctor. The doctor is just on stand-by. Quite literally too, he was just standing by the side of the room with my hubby laughing and chatting away while I was delivering our dc. I met my midwife when I went to see the labor and delivery ward other than that I saw the doctor at every visit. If you want a midwife, go for it! They are great and know as much as the doctors do.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 08:10:32 am »
WOw only 5 wks left :o It will go by fast. I just have one thing to say about all the labour,pain and pushing you go through ,is totally worth it all in the end  ;) There is just no feeling like it in the world when you see that lil face  ;D  I wish you well with everything!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 06:17:35 am »
Thank you everyone for your stories!!  We have so much to do.  We are still waiting on the crib and dresser so we have boxes of baby clothes and things all over her room! 

We were suppose to get them about two weeks ago and due to gas prices the way they are it is taking longer because the truck company is only sending full trucks!

So the room is painted but no furniture!  The dogs are still trying to get used to the Diaper Genie.  Bell is terrified of it but I am sure that is going to change when something smelly starts to go inside of it! ;)