Author Topic: Arthritis?  (Read 7202 times)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Arthritis?
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:06 pm »
It has been forever since I have posted but I need your guys help!

My poor poor Sophie can hardly walk...  I've taken her to the vet twice once when she was just limping down the stairs and they found nothing wrong.  Then she started limping worse and we took her back.  They did an x-ray and found nothing.  They have prescribed her Previcox which is mad expensive and now doesn't seem to be helping.  This has been getting steadly worse over the last 2 months and mostly seems to be her hips.

Now she can hardly walk down the stairs and is so stiff when walking around the house. She also is having a hard time getting up from laying down.  She's not whining or anything and doesn't mind me touching her hips.

If there was something really wrong like dysplasia wouldn't it show on an xray?  Would arthritis?  I'm thinking about startng her on asprin after I talk to the vet again this afternoon.  Is there anything else otc that might help?  We have her on gluc/chond.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:48:01 pm by Rachel »
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

marypyrs

Re: Arthritis?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:06:21 pm »
Poor Sophie!

Did you run the Lyme test/tests on her? You're in a highly affected area if I remember correctly.

Did they put her under anesthesia for the X-Rays so they could manipulate her properly for good reads?

I really, really, feel for you and Your Girl. And I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. I've heard some good reports about Acupuncture used in conjunction with other treatments.

I have a list of contacts if you'd like me to forward them to you.

HUGS to Sophie! :-*

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:20:08 pm »
Mary - She has not been tested for lymes but she did have the vaccine.  I'll ask the vet about that.  Also she was not sedated for the x-rays.  They said she did really good with them so I'm not sure...  I've heard good thigs about accuputure too. I'd love your list.  my email is in my profile

Julie-  Hi!  That's interesting about the food!  She eating Candidae. I know most of the first ingrediants are protien but I'll have to check and see if potatos are in it.  Thanks for the link!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:42:42 pm »
That sounds just like what I went thru with Butt a little bit ago.We never did find anything wrong.I had a distance Reiki healing session for him and switched to a gluc/chond with Vit C in.A week after I started both,the limping was gone and has not been back.He runs around and plays with Tub like he is a young guy again.I hope you can figure something out,I now how frustrating it is.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:18:28 pm »
I PM'd you some info Rachel.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:35:43 pm »
Julie - She's doing great!  She is starting to teeth though which is not fun...   Here's a bunch of pictures http://flickr.com/photos/seasidequilts/  I need to add new ones to myspace

Michelle - I'm sorry Butt had to go through this too!

Marypyr - Thanks so much for the info!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Tonda

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 04:54:39 am »
She eating Candidae.

Candidae just underwent a MAJOR "underhaul" of their food. The grain content is WAY up. Don't know if this could be part of the problem or not (but it certainly can't be helping her).

Hope you/they figure out what's wrong ASAP!!!

Tonda

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 04:59:38 am »
switched to a gluc/chond with Vit C in.A week after I started both,the limping was gone and has not been back.

I have my boxer on glu/chondrotin as well, however, I use a product called Synflex for Pets.

I'm a huge fan of Recovery SA. It's the dog version of Recovery EQ, which most of the horse people I know swear by.

http://www.recoverysa.com/