Author Topic: new to forum from Australia  (Read 7887 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
new to forum from Australia
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:08:46 am »
Hello Everyone, I am new to this site.
I live in Australia and I just love dogs, especially Newfoundlands. I have just recently aquired our special second had Newf, Annabelle. She is now a good friend of our Golden retiever cross Bordercollie and our very old Australian Kelpie Nugget. Sadly our beloved Newf Zack had a stroke and had to be put down. But he will be at rainbow bridge with all our other Newfs and beloved cross breeds.
We take on sad cases......... ...Annabelle has been with us for three weeks and she was totally out of control after being in a kennel for 3-4 months. But she has settled in well. And with firm persistence and a lot of love she is now quite a lady. She is lying at my feet right now, snoring. Tessa is a very clever dog and does lots of tricks. She smiles  :), grins ;D and says hello on command. Nugget is our retirde workdog. He is deaf and has some vision problems
We are also into horses. Love Quarter horses and Clydesdales.
We have seven horses and three dogs to keep us busy and happy. I am looking forward to communicating with some like minded people, cheers ;)
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: new to forum from Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:20:08 am »
Welcome!

I just found this site myself last month and everyone has been great. You will love it here! My new pound puppy is "Tinkerbear" or "Tink" for short. She is a komondor/black lab mix. She is 6 months old and weighs in the upper 80's. She is a total joy! I dropped her off at the vets this morning to get fixed and microchipped. It was really hard. I had to put my beloved basset of 12 years down this past January and it was really hard leaving Tink there this morning, anyway Welcome!
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Offline Lacey

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:20:26 am »
Welcome from around the world!

We have an Australian Shepherd mix puppy named "Ozzy"! 
Lacey ... caregiver to:

Fable ~ 8 yeard old husky mix female
Minerva ~ 2 year old rat terrier female
Ozzy ~ baby Australian mixed with 'something big' male

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »
Welcome!  I can't wait to see & hear more about your furry family.  I love Newfs & I've loved Clydesdales since I was a kid.  My parents used to buy me pics & statues of Clydesdales to keep me from begging them half to death for the real thing.   ;D  I just adore their sweet faces & their big furry feet.  I'm glad that you found us.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

jesday

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 09:47:29 am »
Top one vacation destination for us is Australia. Looks like hubby will be taking a business trip there in the near future and I will definitely be coming along. Love to bring our Newf babies with us but the cost of air travel for a family of 4 is a bit prohibiting these days :D

Welcome to BPO. Looking forward to more pics of Annabelle and all your clan. 

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 09:58:46 am »
Welcome to the board.  I'm Kat and my crew is listed below.  I can't wait to see more pics of all of your guys.  Annabelle is a pretty girl!  Love her pic.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 09:16:23 pm »
You found the right place...glad to meet you and please do post more pictures of all your fur kids..

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:28 am »
Hi Everyone, thank you for the welcome. This site has so many different sections. It will take awhile to read it all.Hopefully I have attached a picture of Tessa. She is the clever dog in our family. She is so easy to train. Best friend of Annabelle. And boss of Nugget.
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 06:18:30 am »
Welcome ~ what pretty girls you have, like everyone before me has stated this is the best site around for info and friendly members offering advice when needed. Pics are a must of all your critters. I'm Kim ~ mama to Miss 'Libby' who is a 6.5yr old English Mastiff and 'Storm' my little spit fire Boston Terrier.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)