Author Topic: Pyrs and agility!  (Read 4296 times)

Offline elaine

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Pyrs and agility!
« on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:06 pm »
Hi All,
Just a quick brag about Liesl, my 11 mnth Pyr cross.  We have now completed 6 wks of beginner agility.  liesl is not a fast mover and has to think things thru' before acting on commands, so agility has been taxing for her.  She is always the slowest and walks over jumps, crouching to go thru' tunnels is asking too much!  But she loves the teeter-totter, dog walk and A-frame.  She's too young for the weave poles, but would likely find them too much of an effort also.
For me, she has put up with all of this.  On our last lesson, she was being her independant self while the poodles and border collies were aiming to please.  For the finale, we had to do a complete 12 part course. I went first saying to every-one "we'll get it over with first, you know what Liesl's like".  She surprised us all by being the only dog to have 2 clear rounds!!!!  The rest all had faults in both rounds.
So it just shows you, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" and "slow and steady wins the race"!!!!!!!!
Ain't she special!
Sorry no pictures, I was too busy cheering her on.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrs and agility!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »
Great job, both of you!  ;D  Don't you just love the independant thinking of a Pyr?  I sure do.  :-*  Liesl decided to pull it off and she did it with flying colors.  Please give her a big hug for me.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline DaPeach

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrs and agility!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:27:38 am »
Fantastic!  I've wondered how well they would handle agility.  Take pics next time!!! 
Katie - Pyr adopted 4/2002
Franklin - Pyr adopted 3/2007
Norman - cat 2004
Polly - cat 2005
Spike - Conure (the boss) 1992

OWN A RESCUED PUP?