Author Topic: UPDATE ** Acupunture ** Titan  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
UPDATE ** Acupunture ** Titan
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:15:07 am »
It's been awhile but we have been busy!!!!
Titan has offically started acupunture.
I have to say "I have a semi-brand new dog!!"  ;)
The first session we did not see much of a change in him. He was very very sleepy all through the session. She started off by putting a needle in his head to calm him and open up the engery floowing from the top of his head to the tip of his tail. It took the 3 of us plus the vet to hold him up...he just wanted to lay down and sleep! He even had cats crawling on him and he didn't care!

The second session I noticed he was starting to rotate his leg in a full circle versus the half moon rotation he was doing for the last 3 months.

The thrid session that was last Thrusday...Tit an has completly stopped rotating his hip in the half moon and is doing full rotations only when walking. If he picks up a trot it happends still. If he does a slow jont across the yard you can see him really concintrating on moving that hip in full roatation...it kinda funny he looks at his leg like someone attached a new leg on him over night!!

So It's working; so far so good and we are very pleased with his progress. He loves going in the the room he knows the routine and he just stands there while she puts the needles in and we pop a squat on the floor as the vet tweeks and turns the needles and we chit-chat and he has a nap! Its so great; I am so happy we opted for this method of treatment! The vet also has high-hopes for him she mentioned that b/c he is a LARGE breed it might take some more time than lets say a small breed so all in time!
Just thought we would update everyone and say thanks again for all the support we got when we found out that Titan was digignosed with H/D.
Thanks again!!!  :-*  ;) Sorry for being so long I just didnt want to leave anything out!! :)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:13:48 pm by Apreston »

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: ** Acupunture ** Titan
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:12:06 am »
That is wonderful news.  Way to go Titan..
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.