Author Topic: Anyone familiar with the PetSafe Wireless Instant Fence  (Read 3900 times)

Offline KC_Newf

• Gnawer
  • Kira
    • View Profile
Anyone familiar with the PetSafe Wireless Instant Fence
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:47:26 pm »
I have read a number of posts on the invisible fences but have not seen any on the Wireless Instant Fence.  My dogs will be indoor dogs but I would like to be able to train them so I can let them go out and do their business without me having them on a leash or let them play in the back yard with my kids.  Is this system ok for that use?  It seems to get good reviews.

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with the PetSafe Wireless Instant Fence
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:40:30 pm »
When i worked at petco, we got a lot of returns on them because they misfired a lot. ALthough one person i know swears by them because they are less expencive...bu t you get what you pay for! 

Offline KC_Newf

• Gnawer
  • Kira
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with the PetSafe Wireless Instant Fence
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:13:08 pm »
When you say they misfired a lot do you mean they shocked the dogs even when they were within the normal boundries?  Was this likely from interference from other electronics.  I admit one of the reasons I am looking at this product is due to its price difference versus the wired versions but I dont want to go cheap at the dogs expense.  My goal is to use it to train them on their boundaries and then either turn it off or just leave it in audible mode.  They wont be left outside alone other than maybe for a quick potty break in the dead of winter.