Author Topic: I went to the hospital...  (Read 13812 times)

Nicole

Re: I went to the hospital...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 03:45:53 pm »
Like others said...they can't MAKE you do anything. Its way better for little Peyton to stay in and put on the weight that GoldenP mentioned. Most first pregnancies go beyond the "due date" (which is just an estimate, by the way).

I would focus on relaxing and assuring yourself that Peyton is going to wait until her daddy is back in town to make her debut.

And just take the 3 cm thing out of your mind. That really, truly, honestly has NOTHING to do with when you'll go into labor and deliver. Its only stressing you out. Think about it, if you didn't know that you were dilated, you wouldn't be nervous that you'll go into labor early. So, forget that you know the info and just relax.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 07:08:07 pm »
Here's a joke for ya, to take your mind off of the waiting game. (Unless I get edited for content, in which case this is all you'll see, so I'll say hang in there, girl!)

So, a blonde, a brunette and a redhead are all sitting around waiting in the OB's office. The Brunette says, "My husband was on top when we concieved, so we already know we're having a boy". The redhead says "I was on top when I got pregnant, so we know it's a little girl!"

The blonde, looking horrified, exclaims....
"Oh My God! I'm having PUPPIES!!!!"

;D ::) ;D ::)

Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:38 pm »
HAHAHAHHA thanks Ali!!!!  Thanks everyone I am going to try and relax!!  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning so I will update everyone on her and my progress.   ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 02:58:17 pm »
I went and no difference. I will say though I really dont like that doctor tha thas seen me the past couple of times.  He makes me feel like I am just a number. 

I told him about the contractions that I have been having and he just said "well you are 38 weeks".   O well I see my usual doctor on the 9th so maybe it wont be so bad.  I am wondering though why they havent given me a stress test yet. 

Especially since I have had contractions. 

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 03:01:34 pm »
  I am wondering though why they havent given me a stress test yet. 
Especially since I have had contractions. 

I never had a stress test, but my youngest is 12. Is this a standard test now?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:02:12 pm by VdogLover »

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 04:23:42 pm »
From what i understand yea after 36 weeks if you are having any discomfort at all you should be put on a fetal monitor to make sure the baby isnt getting stressed out.

Nicole

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »
UGH! AMBER!

You are having contractions because you are super close to having your baby...like, within a few WEEKS. A stress test isn't even close to necessary until you are way overdue. They don't do stress tests when you aren't even full term.

You may feel as if your doctor treated you like you were a number because he acted like nothing is out of the ordinary. That's cuz NOTHING IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY!

You need to chiiiiiiilllll llllllllll, girl! Everything will happen in due time and that little baby is the only one that decides.

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 07:30:48 pm »
I am chiling out finally.  I have everything figured out for when my hubby goes out of town. 

No I didnt even know about a stress test until the nurse today that was taking my blood pressure asked me if i had had one yet. When I answered no and what was it.  She looked at me and said that I should have been having one for the past couple of appointments.  But I dont know this is my first go around so everything is new.  I guess I am just not sure what is normal for them to do or not.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 02:37:30 am »
Stress tests don't hurt so I don't see a reason not to have them if you want them. The doctor I had gave you a stress test at all your appointments starting 3 weeks prior to your EDD. Discomfort or not. It was nice and relaxing to sit there and watch the machine and listen to the heartbeat.
I didn't know I was in labor with my first till they hooked me up to one and asked me why I didn't feel anything.

When you go back in ask for it if you really feel compelled too.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 07:45:59 am »
Yea the only time I had ever even heard of a stress test being done is if the baby's heart rate went down.  That nurse that asked me about them was the only time I had ever heard of them giving them the weeks prior. 

I didnt know if I needed them or not.

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 10:49:52 am »
HAHA yea me too!  The little booger just doesnt want out come out yet. :D Hubby laughs at me and said that I will probably be on here posting just before I leave for the hospital telling everyone I am in labor.

I told him "No, I will do it in the car on the way there.  I do have the internet on my phone you know!!"   ;D ;D ;D   

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 06:06:45 pm »
It's hard to wait, isn't it?? I was lucky, sort of (not to brag! ;)) - two of my kids were 10 days early. BUT, my last baby was 6 weeks early, which was terrifying (everything went perfectly and he was absolutely fine, though). With my first child, I was not that anxious because I was kind of scared. It was ok with me if that pregnancy went on forever!! I had a scheduled C-section, and I remember calling on a Monday to set up the appointment, thinking they'd schedule me in about 2 weeks. They said "How about Friday?" I was all stuttery and stupid, like "Friday? THIS Friday? Ummm, ok, sure, Friday." Turns out, I went into labor on that Wednesday evening and the c-section was the next day!! My daughter is STILL like that - "I'll let YOU know when I'm ready!!" and the stinker is about to turn 9!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 08:02:10 am »
Yea it is really hard to wait!!!  Everyday I think could today be the day and it hasnt been. ;) You know what the ysay a watchpot never boils!!