Author Topic: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty? Updated with new pics!  (Read 22471 times)

Lyn

I was buying pet food the other day and the store has some kittens from the local humane society. One tiny little kitten caught our attention. So of course hubby asked about him. ;)

He's a 3 month old Russian Blue mix but he is the size of a 4 week old kitten. :o He had a rough start in life and was found tied in a bag on the side of the road. :'( They think his growth is stunted but they are not sure if it's permanent or not. But god I hope whoever did that to him gets some serious payback. >:(

To make a long story short.. the little guy seriously tugged at my heartstrings and I'm tempted to go get him. ;D

Just look at that face. LOL
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:43:01 pm by Lyn »

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:25:12 am »
Go get him!

I have a russian blue named Boomer and they are the best! They are extremely social and full of personality. He comes up to all our visitors, he doesn't hide like most cats. He isn't afraid of anything. He and my basset were best buds, even slept together. He was a little but out when Tink arrive, because he thougth he would have us all to hisself, but has adjusted well and now likes to torment her by going places she isn't allowed to go (i.e. furniture). Boomer is alot more like another dog than a cat.

He is absolutely adorable, go get him (no pressure, lol).
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:27:57 am »
LOL!

I'm mainly concerned about my 12 year old male cat. He's not doing well currently (kidney failure :'( ) I know my time with him is limited and I'm not sure how he'd deal with another cat expecially a kitten at the moment.

I could keep them seperate if need be. My father recently lost his cat to old age so I know he'd have no problem allowing the kitten to stay in their half of the house. They are upstairs, we live downstairs. But then he'd claim his as his own. LOL

I'm going to call them right now, hopefully he's still there.  ;D

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:28 am »
I hope hes still there!  You so need him.  He is adorable...Wha t a sweet little face...Good luck and let us know

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:33:15 am »
OMG, how cute!!!  I want a kitty !!!  too bad Kira is such a brat and sees them as prey.  Gunner loves cats though.  He was born on a farm and a week after they were born one of the momma cats there had a litter in the yard with Gunners mom and the pups,  so he knows cats.
Any time I see our neighbors cat in the yard I let him out to play with her.  I dont want him to lose his love of cats and become another Kira!
GO GET HER/HIM!!! ;D
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:36 am »
Ahhh! Ooops I forgot it's Canada Day so they are closed today. :D I'll call first thing tomorrow morning.

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:37:38 am »
Let me know how it works out.

You won't regret it. He may even bring a little excitement to your old kitty.

These things have a way of working out.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:14 am »
So what's his name ;D I'm surprised you made it all the way home without him, he is just way too cute :-*

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:55:17 am »
LOL! I was thinking of a 'big' name since he's so tiny. Like Hoss or something. :D

All I've done since yesterday is think about how I should have brought him home. :P Even my hubby who isn't normally a cat person fell in love with this little guy.

Oh the waiting is going to kill me now. LOL I'll keep you all posted. ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:55:52 am by Lyn »

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:05:16 am »
How about Boomer Jr. lol.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »
Oh, that is a cuuuuuuute kitty cat. I've always wanted an all grey kitty...We have three now, plus the two dogs, so I won't even "go there" with my poor patient hubby. Ah, I hope he's still there for you!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 05:55:44 am »
Did you call yet?

I am dying here. Let us know as soon as you here!
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Lyn

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 08:05:39 am »
I did call and I'm bummed. :( He's on hold for someone, they are suppose to take him home today. So I'm suppose to call back tomorrow in case they have changed their mind.

I knew I should have taken him when I first saw him! But I didn't want to rush into it without thinking it through first. SIGH   :'(

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 09:27:20 am »
Aw man. You know, I'd call again a couple times today just to check on it. If he's on hold, maybe it was a situation like someone who wanted him but had to go home and check with someone else who said no. Well, you know the drill. If it was meant to be, it will be. Maybe it's a message to you and hubby that you're ready to open your hearts and home to a kitty in need, but not THAT one?? I know you must be sooo disappointed though. Hang in there. I'd still call the store a couple more times today, just in case. Like midday and right before close.  ;)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Lyn

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:09 am »
I'm not sure how the store does the adoptions for them. But I assumed they had to fill out an application and are waiting for approval? Maybe they will be denied! ;) LOL

The owner of the store was the person I spoke with today. If they don't show today, he's mine. So I'm crossing my fingers they don't show up. LOL I know that's mean...  :-\