Author Topic: Kai - spayed today! UPDATE! (But sorry, no pics yet...)  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Kai - spayed today! UPDATE! (But sorry, no pics yet...)
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:14:12 pm »
Just heard from the vet - my little girl is fine and is starting to wake up. My vet said that she's got too much fat, though, so I guess I hafta quit spoiling her. I can't pick her up until tomorrow, and they'll send her home in one of those dorky e-collars. Poor thing... But, the good news is, it's DONE and she's FINE!!   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:49:16 pm by Ali »
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Kai - spayed today!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:41 pm »
Horray! I'm so glad everything went well. Give her big hugs and extra loves tomorrow...and I don't thin extra treats for 1 more day will hurt her. ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:35:23 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:21:49 am »
Tink just got spayed last week and got her stiches out yesterday. All went well but good luck restraining her activity for a week. I thought Tink would explode! She felt great, it didn't seem to bother her at all. She absolutely refused to wear the collar. I took it off and she didn't take a second look at her stiches. I am sure your girl will be fine.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:48:43 pm »
Well, naturally, Kai is as full of energy as usual. "She has to wear the E-collar for 7-10 days" they told me. "She hasn't eaten since she's been here" they told me. "try to keep her activity level down" they told me. Sha - right!!

So I brought my girl home in her ridiculous e-collar, with my 2 year old saying "Why does she have that bowl on her, mommy?" We got home, and I took her directly into her part of the yard to pee. She started to sniff around, but couldn't get her nose down to the ground cuz of the collar. Then, she picked her head up in frustration, only to find out that she had shovelled the "bowl" full of mulch that slid into her face and neck as she looked up. Then she shook her head and mulch rained down all over the place. I was laughing and feeling sorry for her all at once. So I caved. 20 minutes after being given my explicit instructions by my vet, I took the stupid thing off of her. She looked at me gratefully, then zoomed off to find the perfect spot. Then she peed, and I mean she PEED a river. Poor thing. We came in and she ate all her dinner. She hasn't been messing with her incision at all, so I'm leaving the stupid collar off. Is that wrong? The e collar was making her 10 times more miserable than the stupid incision!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lins_saving_grace

Re: Kai - spayed today! UPDATE! (But sorry, no pics yet...)
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:12:52 pm »
those e collars are such a pain...but a wonderful fashion accessory.  :)  I'm glad the fixing went well.  that's tough to keep them still for so long.  you gasp every time they move or twist.  but they don't do anything that hurts too bad.  you should be ok.