Author Topic: Help!! My youngest newfie is taking forever to potty train  (Read 3511 times)

Offline newfiemom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Help!! My youngest newfie is taking forever to potty train
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:12:16 pm »
I have three newfies, the youngest is going to be one year this month.  She pottys on her papers and outside when you take her out and tell her to go potty.  Problem is she still doesn't hold her bladder all night or poop. I feed her her dinner at 3:30 and I take her out before I go to bed.  She pottys during the day on papers instead of letting me know she needs to go out.  When I'm home I take her out every two hours and praise her when she does her business outside.  I've tried removing the papers to see if she'll wait to go but she just goes on the floor where the papers usually go.  I never had this problem with my other two newfies.  Can anyone please help me?

Offline KC_Newf

• Gnawer
  • Kira
    • View Profile
Re: Help!! My youngest newfie is taking forever to potty train
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:31:27 pm »
Have you tried crate training her?  They usually wont go where they sleep.  Also with the papers even if you remove the papers if there is the slightest sent of urine on the floor she will continue to view it as a place to go.  Good luck!