Author Topic: crate issues  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
crate issues
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:55:59 pm »
So titan has officially grown out of the largest crate that we can find. (but not the collosal crate). We are debating whether to get a kennel run (for inside the house, in place of a crate) or getting the collosal crate.  I think i would like to have a kennel run, as it would be much larger, although i was wondering what everyone else thoguht.  I could have him also loose in the house (or his room) as he is housetrained (actually he has never had a mistake in the house, even when a pup) but he can cause issues with the other dogs at times.  What do you think..?
Kennel or Crate?

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: crate issues
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:57:10 pm »
I have both and think both have pros and cons.
A crate I feel is safer since they are contained from all sides, however it does not provide the extra moving room the kennel does.
 If he is a mellow guy, you know will not try to escape (and possibly hurting or hanging himself) I would go for the kennel.

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: crate issues
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:20:47 pm »
I would do the run if he is a calm boy.  we have crates because we dont have the room in the house for a run but we are thinking about putting a large one in the garage and also having crates. 

We like that they would have more room in a run.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel