Author Topic: I have a problem  (Read 5660 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I have a problem
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:44:25 am »
Yea I know I always do! ;)  Baxter and Buble sleep in their crates at night in our laundry room.  Well for the past5 nights/mornings one of them has started to bark none stop.  The only thing is I cant tell who it is. 

Their barks are almost exactly the same especially coming through a wall.  One of them starts like at 4 and will do it off and on until they hear someone coming.  The moment you step foot out of the bed they stop. 

I thought it was because we are switching thier food and Buble tends to get an upset tummy the first couple of days.  No that wasnt it.  He just wants to get out and play. 

I have a bark collar that we had to put on Bell at one point in time but it is it to early to try it on Buble?  He is almost 7 months old now. I just dont want this to be a habit starting and thier "room" is directly across from the baby's room. 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

jesday

Re: I have a problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:47:22 am »
Could they be sensing the baby's coming? Or maybe they're just trying to give you some practice for those early morning feedings. :D

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:19:52 am »
Yea I am sure they are training me for the lack of sleep!!! ;)  My thing is I dont want it to become a habit.  One of them has done it for 5 days in a row.

Our dogs usually dont bark unless they need to go outside or they hear something.  So I get up pretty quick to let them out but now I am waiting longer and longer because it is the same time every morning. I let the mout and they are just wanting to be up for the day which at 4 in the morning I am not ready to be up yet.   :)  Should I just ignore it and hope it goes away?

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 02:16:24 pm »
Yea I am still walking them as much as before but I will say that they arent able to be outside in the backyard for as long. 

Here latley it has been REALLY hot and we have had alot of afternoon storms.  We generally walk in the morning and in the evening.  I havent wanted to change their schedule because they enjoy the walks soo much plus it helps the baby go into the pelvis!!!!   ;)

O yea I agree with everyone.  I dont mind them barking at all.  I just dont want him barking at 4 in the morning because he wants to play.  I will try to play with him more but with hubby out of town it is hard to play with him and the other two without getting tired real quick. 

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:17 pm »
Yea he does pee everytime.  I at first thought that he was drinking too much before bed but I have started to pick up the water at night. 

Just when I let him back in he runs right to the toy box and grabs a toy and begins to play keep away from me. (I hate to tell him that I am not a good playmate at 4 in the morning) ;) 

I have to tell him kennel and he is all upset about going back in but mommy really needs at least an hour more sleep.   ;D :D ;D

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:43:00 am »
Ok well now I feel horrible!!!!! :(  I woke up this morning to NO BARKING!!  I was so excited. I get up and run to the laundry room to tell them what good boys they are and I smell it!!!!

Poor Buble had had a big booty blow out in his crate!!! :( :(  He hadnt barked though.  He was standing as far to the front of the crate as possible so he wouldnt get in it but it was already all over him. 

So now I feel soo bad.  I played really hard with him last night so I figured that that was the ticket.  Now I wish he had barked to let me know he needed to go out sooner.  Poor baby! :'( Unfortunalty now it is bath time for BOO and he isnt excited.