BPO Medical Forum > Medical Conditions & Diseases

Warning about Sergeant's Gold

(1/10) > >>

daytrippers:
We bought Sergeant's Gold flea and tick drops today at Wal-Mart.  We applied it per directions, and within 1/2 an hour, 3 of our dogs had severe allergic reactions.  6 baths later, we learned our lesson.  I would use caution with anything that contains Cyphenothrin.

JulieWG:
Hi there,

I’m replying to you today on behalf of Sergeant’s. I’m so sorry to hear about the allergic reaction your three dogs have encountered. With flea and tick season here in full force we encourage all pet owners to read up on product labels and warnings. Carefully reading all product labels and proper application is extremely important. It is also imperative that when treating multiple pets at once, they are separated for at least 24 hours to keep them from grooming on each other.  Please join us at our “Sergeant’s Cares” page on Facebook to learn more and read through some helpful Q&As:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sergeants-Cares/18781352388

Best wishes,
Julie

daytrippers:
Just for the sake of discussion, you have chosen to speak on behalf of this product.  We read the directions, we applied them per the directions, and yes we read the warning.  The warning in a nut shell says "with ALL pesticides there is a risk of an allergic reaction.  If reaction occurs bath pet with mild soap and rinse with plenty of water."  Not a whole lot of specific details.  Secondly, we have used another named brand for years without incident.  The great thing about message boards is I can share my experiences with others. If it happened to us, it could happen to others.  I appreciate all your suggestions.

tunisianswife:
I am experiencing this right now. I bought this brand today for both my lhasa and shihtzu thinking that it would be a good preventative because of killing the eggs and larvae as well. They do not currently have a flea problem so it is monthly preventative and a different brand than what I normally buy. 15 minutes after application, my lhasa started running around, trying to hide in corners, hiding under furniture, panting, barking, whining; just would not sit still. I immediately knew it had to have something to do with this so I bathed him and gave him a benadryl. As I went to bathe the shihtzu, he too began to experience the same symptoms. I have called the 800 number and given the same instructions as you but nothing is helping. I know I'll be up all night. My vet's office is closed on Thurs. but they will go the first thing in the morning.  No vomiting or foaming at the mouth. I was also instructed to give them tuna juice to take any taste out of their mouth had they licked the areas which I don't think they did. They are both exhausted, I know I will have a sleepless night, and they are inconsolable. You are correct. There is no specific 'side effects' stated on the package.

animystics:
I am going through this also right now. My dog is walking funny, drooling, and is very anxious. She is normally a very independent dog but she is pressed up next to me and cant relax...I think she is scared. I gave her 2 baths with dishsoap and scrubbed her down. I also gave her tuna water to ge the taste out. SHe has been drooling for an hour already. I cant take her to the vet becasue it is 3am and its 70$ to just walk n the door and obviously my bank isnt open. I followed the directions and applied it to all our dogs here and everyone else seems fine but now I am afraid they might come down with the same symptoms...Ple ase pray for my Rosie dog...I will never use this stuff again. This isnt worth the risk!! There should be a warning on the package about this risk! I didnt know anything about the danger of this stuff until it happend and it is all over the internet. SO many dogs are going through and have gone thorugh this. There is NO reason for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version