I have had the same exact experience in recent weeks. My sister gave me some Sergeant's Gold flea insecticide for small dogs recently, because her Silky Terrier had had an allergic reaction to it within about 20 minutes of her applying it (per the directions, in a straight line from between the shoulder blades, to halfway down the back). He had never had that reaction to either Hartz or Frontline flea spotters, but she figured her dog must be highly allergic. Of course, she had to wash it off right away, which helped a great deal. I tried it on my Maltese mix last week, and had the same reaction - but in my case, it took several hours before my dog started showing signs of allergic response. He sleeps with me (fortunately), and I awoke in the middle of the night - around 3 am (I had applied the Sergeant's flea spotter to him late in the evening) because my poor little dog was going nuts. He was climbing all over me, and whimpering. These symptoms were similar to the ones my sister had described her Silky Terrier exhibiting, so I immediately jumped out of bed and gave him a thorough bath. The instant I turned the faucet on him, and began swishing the water over the area where I had applied the Sergeant's flea spot drops, he appeared greatly relieved. If my sister hadn't described the symptoms to me, though, I might not have connected the reaction to the flea spotter, since some 6 or 7 hours had passed since I'd applied it to him! This is a very dangerous product, and I believe it should be removed from the market. I've applied other brands of flea spotter to my little dog in the past, and never seen any kind of allergic reaction from him. Shame on Sergeant's for not taking this issue - and customer complaints seriously!