Author Topic: Hi everyone I am new here  (Read 5412 times)

Offline dalesmomma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi everyone I am new here
« on: July 09, 2008, 06:01:31 pm »
Hi everyone..my name's Kerry and I own a four month old great dane pup named Dale. Dale has been having solid bm's in the am but then has diarreah all through the rest of the day. I don't know how to fix this or why its happening. Can anyone give me any suggestions?? :o

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone I am new here
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:06:58 pm »
Welcome Kerry!
When did you do the last fecal check for your pup? Sometimes Guardia causes intermittent diarrhea  :-\
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline dalesmomma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:10:59 pm »
We got Dale when he was three months old, he wasn't having diareah then and his first appointment with our vet is this week. He was already utd with all of his shots. So now I don't know....should I bring him in asap or wait for appt.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:11:53 pm »
HI :)  Welcome to BPO!   maybe adding pumpkin(the pure stuff, not pumpkin pie mix) to his morning meal. Not sure hoe much though. Pumpkin is supposed to firm up the stools.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 06:14:19 pm »
as long as he's eating and drinking OK and is not lethargic I would think you're ok to wait until his appointment this week. If you see blood in the diarrhea, he starts vomitting and stops eating/drinking then take him in right away.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain