Author Topic: Kali vs the Screen Door....guess which won?  (Read 7066 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Kali vs the Screen Door....guess which won?
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:35:36 pm »
if you guessed Kali you'd be correct.  I think the screen door may be beyond repair LOL.  We let her out after getting home late tonight and she decided to run back into the breezeway...pr oblem being the screen was still shut. My brother and dad yelled at her to stop but she kept going and slammed through the door in mid gallump. I heard the loud crack from the house and knew what had happened. She snapped the thing in half at two corners. She ran and hid behind mty brother and was sulking cause we were all dying laughing.  She's perfectly fine besides her pride being bruised LOL.  And here are the pics of our very sad screen door and the newfy demon that destroyed it.

The wreckage

Hmmm I don't think it's supposed to look this way

Honestly I just don't know how this happened!!

Really it wasn't me...blame Daddy for closing the door

Kali's having a rough day cause she deflated her soccer ball earlier and now she broke the screen door. Hope this gave you guys a good laugh too.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Kali vs the Screen Door....guess which won?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:46:57 pm »
lol  :D
RIP former BPO

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:12:23 pm »
AW! Poor Kali. Like I tell Aaron (all the time) - the screen door is just a thing (and thank goodness they are relatively inexpensive). Kali is much more valuable - good thing she has a hard noggin'!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 12:12:58 am »
Ha, ha!   ;D  Daisy's done the same thing before.  Don't they get a puzzled look on their faces when they run into it like "Where did that come from?"  LOL!  I like Tina's suggestion, I think that we'll try that.   ;)  We keep decorative window clings on some of our windows to try & keep the poor birds from flying into the glass, so we'll just do something on the screen door for the pups, too.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:15:53 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 07:13:01 am »
We actually did have a white stripe painted across the door at eye-level (You can somewhat see it in a few of the pics) since our Setter went through the door a few times and our current two have still done it.   The problem with Kali is she's leaping into the door from about ten feet away so it doesn't really help....we usually yell door when they're heading out to remind them it's there too but she was too excited to see my brother to realize it was shut LOL.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:50:07 am »
Sorry but I'm laughing at the look on her face and that she went through the door.  Shiner has gone through a window because he was so excited about something on the other side.  How about a reflective tape or something?  She would still be able to see it while she is leaping but then again it might act like a bull's eye.   :D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 01:31:56 pm »
New screen door has been installed, with a wider stripe than the last one.