Author Topic: Seperation Anxiety - Mine!  (Read 3441 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Seperation Anxiety - Mine!
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:10:30 pm »
So, Ranger went to get his teeth cleaned today.  For him it was a relatively simple and painless procedure, but not so for me - I was a wreck!

This is the first time that I have had him anesthetized in the 4 years that I have had him, and I was crazy paranoid and worried.  He did NOT want to go off with the vet tech, and of course that broke my heart.  When I got home, I realized that I have never been in this house without him here with me.  Yeah, I was a little stressed.  (OK, OK, I got into the trash, and chewed the corner of the couch.  And I pee'd a little.)

So, of course, he came through fine.  The vet tech did tell me though that Ranger was actually quite scared, and wanted NOTHING to do with any of them. Then the vet comes out and shows me a picture he took of Ranger with his cell phone.  Guess what the big dork did?  He climbed into the vet's dirty laundry bin to hide... Yes, he tried to cram all 105 lbs. of himself into this tiny little bin in an attempt to hide from everyone.  The vet tried to send the picture to me, but we couldn't get it to work.  And I, being an even bigger dork than my dog is, cried when he was back with me in the car.

Hopefully, we won't have to go through this for another 4 years!  :D

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

Re: Seperation Anxiety - Mine!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:13:07 pm »
that's good he got his dental cleaning and came through well.  I hope he smacked your bummt for getting in the trash and rubbed your nose in the piddle.  you are a bad bad girl.  :) 
isn't it sad how we feel so horrible when our babies go off with the vet tech.  i hate that too.