Author Topic: Oh my- fastest eater EVER!  (Read 3910 times)

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh my- fastest eater EVER!
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:29:17 pm »
So I'm dogsitting this weekend, staying at the house (and Sammy came with me). The two dogs I'm sitting for are a pit bull mix, and a really small little border collie/something mix. I wanted to give them a treat, so I pulled out a couple bully sticks, which the pit bull refused, but both Sammy and Suki (the little border collie) were excited about. So they lay down to chew on their treats, and oh my goodness! She finished WAY faster than Sammy. I guess size is no indication of how quick a dog can demolish one of these things- Sam weighs 85 pounds, and she's maybe 25!!! I couldn't believe hers was gone- I thought Sammy must have stolen hers and eaten them both, but there's no way she would have let him get away with that- she's DEFINITELY the alpha dog around here.

Too funny.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Oh my- fastest eater EVER!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:22 pm »
it's a speed eating contest. 
if i get down on the floor while Grace is eating something, she'll pounce and lay on it faster than a speeding bullet.  Like i really want to take it from her and eat it, but she thinks i'm going to steal it. 

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »
It's funny isn't it?  Bo could beat anyone hands down though, I swear.  I feed Raja first and then him and he gets less food and still finishes a good five minutes before her (not that she doesn't give speed eating her best).  He doesn't mess with her while she is eating though, or she will sit on him!
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 09:00:26 am »
When it comes to bully sticks, Jenny beats Tipper hands down--she can polish one off pretty quickly, whereas Tipper chews on the same one for days. But when it comes to food, it's another story--Tipper inhales his food in 2 seconds flat and then sticks his head in Jenny's bowl, while she's still eating and starts chownig down on hers, unless of course, I'm right there, and then I keep him away from her so she can eat a full meal! Tipper is only 38 lbs and Jenny is 98lbs!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven