Author Topic: Great Pyrenees in need of a home!  (Read 3677 times)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
Great Pyrenees in need of a home!
« on: August 01, 2008, 03:07:48 pm »
I found this in the petfinder ads:

dog: Great Pyrenees

07-31-2008

Id:

Owner:

Greeneville, TN
423-552-8417
sfoshette@yahoo.com
Sarah

Name:

Shelly

Adult

Sex:

Female

Size:

Large

This has been a very hard choice for me to make but I have come to the conclusion that finding Shelly a better home is the best thing for her. Shelly is a Great Pyrenees mix and she is absolutely the sweetest dog around. I rescued Shelly last October from a man who was going to shoot her. She was skin and bones and too afraid to even play when I first brought her home. First thing when I got her home she got her first bath and she was so weak that had I not held her head out of the water in the bath tub she would have drowned. To cut a long story short I took her to the vet the next day and found out she had Giardia, several types of worms, and was extremely malnourished. The Giardia from what I understand was basically a protozoan parasite that lives in the intestine and gradually eats away at is causing severe diarrhea, weight loss, listlessness, fatigue, mucus in the stool. About 400 dollars later along with a good quality food and lots of patience Shelly eventually recovered. Shelly does very very well in the house as long as you crate her or confine her to one room while she can not be watched. She LOVES being outside though. One of the biggest requirements I have for Shelly's new home is a VERY TALL fenced in yard. She needs to be able to go out to potty in a fenced in yard instead of being walked on a leash. She is very very afraid of leashes. This fear has been one that I have been unable to break her out of. They just scare her to death. She does a little better on a leash if you use a harness instead of a collar but she is still very afraid of it. Now onto the bad news... the reason Shelly needs a new home is because she has started jumping our fenced in back yard. My mother no longer allows her to live indoors so she has started jumping the fence and I am afraid for her safety. We live right in the middle of town and I am afraid something will happen to her. Right now she is having to live on a long tie out in the back yard which I hate! No dog in my opinion should have to be confined that way. I believe it is cruel but at the moment it is my only option to keep her safe. Please be aware I am going to be extremely picky about where Shelly goes. This is the last resort because I know of nothing else to do. If you want to adopt Shelly you can expect extensive questions about the type of home you can provide, reference checks, as well as a home check if you are local. In return you can expect an amazing family dog that gets along great with other dogs as well as cats. She is my baby and it is killing me to even think about letting her go but I know this is what is best for her. Shelly will steal your heart no doubt about that. She loves kids and is very gentle with them as well as with small dogs and such. She really is the perfect family pet. She is spayed, utd on all her shots, and she is full of love! Let me know if you think you can provide the right home for Shelly. We are asking a very small re-homing fee of $20 to make sure she goes to a good home. I am willing to drive 2 hours in any direction for an additional gas/transport fee to help get her to you. To get in direct contact with me please call 423-552-8417 and ask for Sarah. The best way to contact me is through email at sfoshette@yahoo.com