Author Topic: Oh Miles....Good Goin'!  (Read 7059 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Oh Miles....Good Goin'!
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:26 am »
Miles just got 3 new stuffed animals. One of which is a bear with a plastic nose. I knew he'd get it off eventually. But not in record time. Less than one minute. I heard it in his mouth, so I got to him, and yep, he swallowed it. :o ::) He usually NEVER swallows things like that!! Now what? I guess wait and hope it passes? Do you think it will? I mean, it was sort of big.....not GIANT, but like...maybe 1/2 an inch in diameter. What do you think?

P.S. All the other stuffed animals do NOT have anything plastic attached. haha
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Oh Miles....Good Goin'!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:06:57 am »
well, you'll definitely be on poop-watch for a couple of days. I would imagine that, with a dog Miles size, it will pass along just fine, but you may want to make a call to your vet for a professional opinion.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:12:31 am »
well, you'll definitely be on poop-watch for a couple of days. I would imagine that, with a dog Miles size, it will pass along just fine, but you may want to make a call to your vet for a professional opinion.

I'm kind of thinking he won't have a problem either. And of course I'm hoping. I've heard of small dogs eating buttons and rocks and things and they all pass. haha This is kind of gross...but his poo is about twice as big around as the nose was....sooo I would take that as an indication that it SHOULD pass. hahaha We'll see. I hate the waiting game....
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

AudgePadge

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:16:49 am »
::Sigh:: Oh Miles... tsk tsk... naughty boy!  I hope it passes...

I hate being on poop watch...my neighbors probably think I'm crazy pickin up fresh dog poop and examining it everytime someone swallows something... Have FUN!!  :P

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 12:05:28 pm »
Ahhhh Poop! It should. My girl like to eat rocks and she can get them down in record time too. It's really sad how we have to be on constant poop patrol. She just got over a terrible case of diarreha! YUK! So needless to say, I've had enough of poop for awhile.  :o Anyway hope Miles passes this like a little trooper!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

lookingfornewf

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 02:03:29 pm »
It will likely pass. It's amazing the multi colored poop we get at our house sometimes from eating rubber balls, lids off our pop bottles, etc. A couple of weeks ago Clifford's poop had all these white spots in it. Of course I had to see what it was- we were having a new tile floor put in, he had pulled out quite a few of the little plastic spacers and eaten them. I offered to clean them off for our tile guy, but he didn't want them back. :P

jesday

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 07:37:59 pm »
Clifford, you silly boy.

I was on our deck the other day and turned to see Sophie staring at me with a AA battery in her mouth. She had gotten an outdoor temperature remote. The problem was it takes 2 batteries and I could only find the one in her mouth. I was so sure she swallowed the other one. I was all set to boogie to the vet. You can't wait for a battery to pass. X-rays, stomach pumps, extractions. My mind was calculating the expense when my husband came in from down below. "What's this battery doing   down here"? Whew! 

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 07:46:50 am »
If anyone was wondering, Miles is now plastic nose free! ::) :P ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

jesday

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 07:52:24 am »
Not really sure I want details on how you know this,but nice to know crisis is averted - this time. :D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 07:58:20 am »
If anyone was wondering, Miles is now plastic nose free! ::) :P ;D
YAY for a Pooper and a Scooper! :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:58:43 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)