Author Topic: Clifford in the swimming pool pics  (Read 6790 times)

lookingfornewf

Clifford in the swimming pool pics
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:42 am »
Our neighbors have a pool they are happy to let me use whenever I want. They have said they don't want Clifford in. I suppose they are worried about his hair or drool or something, I don't know. Anyway they are away for the week so I just had to sneak him in once to see how he like it. He is always so eager to get to their yard I thought he would jump right in. No, he wanted to investigate the yard first and I was already in the pool calling to him, pretending to drown, etc. He's been swimming in the lake and the river, but never with anyone in with him. I wanted to see his great rescue instinct.
He did finally get in and went swimming around and didn't want to get out. However he had absolutely NO INTEREST in what ever I did to act like I needed help, etc. Oh well, good thing I'm a strong swimmer and will probably never need to be rescued.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford in the swimming pool pics
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:39:59 am »
I love the Clifford pics! I understand about sneaking him in too cuz we do that with Bear in our complex when we can.  ;D Luckily our friends with pools let him in even though their dogs won't go in.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:55 am »
I'm sorry- I can't help but to picture Clifford swimming....bu t with the look on his face of your avatar....It totally makes me giggle EVERY TIME!!! :)  It makes me think of the thread recently about the newfie vs. the gorilla....lik e, as if to say, shut your mouth or I'll make my crazy newfie-beast attack you!! :) 

Ah...but I digress!  I do love the pics of Clifford swimming!   Don't worry!!  We'll keep your secret  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:53:40 am by IndyFurKiddos »

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:34 am »
The picture in my avatar is Clifford's happy face. I took it when he was at the park running toward me. When he runs, his ears fly, his lips flap and his eyes roll around, and he looks totally uncoordinated, it is hilarious to watch.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:09:05 am »
 ;D Oh!!!  I totally need to see a video of that!! It's FAN-TASTIC!

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 01:44:16 pm »
Isn't it amazing how they swim so effortlessly???  You pics are awesome, glad that you snuck him in the water.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 03:41:12 pm »
Cute pics!!
I am sure they are worried about his hair ruining their filter. Be sure to clean the filter basket thing out or they will for sure know you let him in their pool.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:43:01 pm by VdogLover »

lorim2

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 06:47:18 am »
A little off this topic but Clifford looks really good at the top of the page!!!  Congrats

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 07:22:57 am »
I second that!!! :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 07:41:50 am »
What cute pictures!!!  Clifford knew you were joking!!  He would definately be right there if he sensed any danger.  That's how fumble was with me when i took him swimming.  no interest in me, just wanted to walk around in the ocean.  I would LOVE to see fumble gung ho swimming though.  I've only ever seen him go as far as he can touch.  I'm going to have to find someone with a pool to let me test that out!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!