Author Topic: Bananas  (Read 8438 times)

jesday

Bananas
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:22:24 am »
Does anyone know if bananas are bad for dogs? I was cutting one up in my cereal this morning and gave each of them a half banana just to see what they'd do. They scarfed it down so fast, mainly to keep away from brother/sister.

After laughing I got to thinking they may not be good for them. After all, who would think raisins were bad?

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Bananas
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:24:30 am »
my ozzy just about attacks you if you peel a banana!!!LOL!!! at least half of it has to be his!!!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:04 pm »
April likes mangos and papaya and Lucie likes tomatoes and peaches!  And the puppies love potatoes as well as bananas!

jesday

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 02:54:36 pm »
My daughter (now 22) told me about spider eggs when she was about 10 or 11. She always breaks off the ends. Is this something they are teaching in school? I never heard of it before and just thought she had an imaginative way to not have to eat a whole banana. ;)

I think the bubs will be getting a lot more bananas as now I don't know if I will be able to eat them without thinking of spiders. :P

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:37 am »
I remember hearing that spider thing too...and that they would come out your nose! So perhaps it was in school as the;y were talking about old tales....

jesday

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:58:02 am »
Yeah, my uncle used to tell me if I swallowed water mellon seeds the vines would start growing out my ears. I was terrified of eating them. :D

AudgePadge

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:02 am »
This thread just validated the mysterious reason why I've never eaten a banana in my life... I've always maintained "there's something not right about them"

I was right... :D I don't like earwigs either...I don't know what they look like...but if I ever saw one...I dunno, I'd probably cry and run away...

jesday

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:24:39 am »
I don't know if there was a movie about an earwig, but I remember seeing a 'Tales From The Crypt' episode where and earwig entered the guys ear, ate it's way through his brain, painfully I might add, only for the doctor to discover it had laid eggs in his head and he was destined to relive the pain 100 times over. :o

By the way, the reason they are called earwigs is because sometimes you find them in the leaves of ears of corn.

Still gross no matter what their namesake. I think I'll go back to banana spiders. :D

jesday

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 01:18:41 pm »
How about lemons? Two things our newfie/lab mix would not eat;lemons and shrimp. This from a dog that ate rocks and would pluck oh-so-delicately raspberries from the bush. :D