Author Topic: Lanie  (Read 26995 times)

lorim2

Lanie
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:47:45 pm »
My little lab Lanie came out from my bedroom yesterday to see me when I got home.  She seemed fine and went to the door.  We were fixing to go out and she started teeing which totally floored me..So I am like "oh no, hurry lanie" and opened the door...she went out and fell over in a seizure!  Scared me to death...We held her until it was over, like a minute or less, straight in the car and to the vet.  Of course they couldnt really do alot...We are keeping a journal and I am praying that doesnt happen again...Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Lanie
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:07:07 pm »
OMG, Lori and Lanie!  How is she doing now!  Big hugs to both you and her.  I haven't had a dog that had a seizure so I can't help with that.  But I'll be sending good thoughts your way. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:56:44 pm »
You and Lanie will be in my prayers.  Keep us updated on her.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:06:28 pm »
Oh dear!  I haven't had any experience yet with seizures (knock wood!), so I'm sorry that I can't help.  I sure hope that this turns out to be a one-time thing though.  Please give Lanie an extra gentle hug for me. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:40:58 am »
Poor Lanie!! I myself have never had any experience with seizures so I cant be much help....but I can offer Big Hugs and Kisses to the sweet girl. Hope she is ok and recovers quickly! Lots of Love
XOXOXO

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:20:14 am »
Awww poor Lanie. How is she today?

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:50 pm »
Lanie seems to be ok.  She hasnt had anymore and come to find out, my husband cleaned the inside portion of the AC sunday when I was not home and used some sort of cleaner stuff.  So Melissa I am thinking that might have been what happened...Hop efully it will be a onetime thing..Thank you all for your concern and well wishes!  I seriously love you guys! ;)

Offline BlazerJo

• Gnawer
  • My Boys-Bill and Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 05:11:31 pm »
Sorry to hear about Lanie's siezure.  I'm glad that u have figured it out tho.  My first dog started having siezures when he was 5.  He is a frisbee dog and would play to no end.  The vet told us that most likely he was dehydrated. Now we make him take water breaks when he plays and we try not to run him too much. He does just wonderful now and best of all no meds.
Amy