Author Topic: Important info. about your posts- please read  (Read 6021 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Important info. about your posts- please read
« on: June 22, 2008, 03:20:35 pm »
Hi everyone! As many of you know, we have been in the middle of a making an upgraded server switch for BPO for the past week or so. In making this database migration, there have been many problems- most of which I don't understand and leave to the main computer boys to fix (hubby, b.i.l., server company).

In any case, the switch has been slow and is occurring over time in different areas. This effects you all because the switch doesn't get to everyone at once. Not all data will be able to make the switch either since it is not happening consistently, so you might make a post here but it will be on the old server and not the new one. Also, there was a little bit of corruption with the data which has been difficult to clean up. So, the outcome from all of this is likely to be a loss of about the last 1,000 posts. Therefore, we recommend that you save the last few posts you wrote on your personal computer if you'd like to and then repost them tomorrow morning as a back up plan.

Thanks for your patience & understanding during this difficult time.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Important info. about your posts- please read
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:27:29 pm »
Whatever it takes, Jamie! I'm just happy BPO is growing bigger and bigger!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:48:14 am »
Thanks Jenn. The "change" still has yet to happen apparently because this page- BPO forum page should look a mess and will need to be cleaned up by Mark on the back end. So hang in there everyone. Hopefully it will happen soon!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:48:35 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:09:16 pm »
I just thought of a question I was wondering. Will it affect PMs or just foruym posts?
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
Thanks Jaime!  So, not to sound like a complete bonehead, but this won't affect old, old posts then?  Just the newer stuff?

Yes Julie- only the newer things will be lost in translation.  :)

I just thought of a question I was wondering. Will it affect PMs or just foruym posts?

I don't believe pm's will be touched but I need to confirm that with the boys to be sure. I'll gt back to you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:01:46 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime