Author Topic: Computer help - NDR  (Read 2164 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Computer help - NDR
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:35:59 am »
Hi everyone - we haven't been on much in the past few weeks running my darlings all over creation - I thought this was my summer vacation also??

Anyway my darling son who is a good boy but driving me crazy lately has pushed me to the edge and I want to block his computer usage.  He is a user on my computer (doesn't have his own) but he has password protected his account so I can't block anything - I know as the system administrator I can still get on but I can't figure out how does anyone know?

Thanks
Randy

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Computer help - NDR
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:43:13 am »
Control Panel
Users
Find your son and change his settings/properties
I do belive you can delete his account all together!! ;) If it comes to that!!!
Good Luck :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:20:43 pm »
Thanks I found what I was looking for but was uncomfortable changing his password so I thought of the next best thing -
I took the mouse!!!

I need to teach him not to mess with his Mother!!!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:21:14 pm »
Thanks I found what I was looking for but was uncomfortable changing his password so I thought of the next best thing -
I took the mouse!!!

I need to teach him not to mess with his Mother!!!

Ha, ha!  I have 3 boys (two are teens), so I really relate.  My laptop went totally wonky recently, so it went into the shop.  When it came out we set it back up with a password so now the kids can't get onto it w/o permission.  I hadn't wanted to do that & had hoped that they'd honor my wishes and ask first (like when their homework, chores, etc. are done  ::)), but since that didn't work, the password is working nicely.   ;)  ;D  If mine didn't have the built-in mousey then that would be a great solution for me, too.  Good for you!   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees