Author Topic: Getting to know you: 2 truths and a lie  (Read 24621 times)

lookingfornewf

Re: Getting to know you: 2 truths and a lie
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 06:24:44 am »
1.On my last vacation I went Scuba Diving and held a 6 foot long shark
2. I have lived in 7 different countries and 5 different states
3. I have 2 children and 10 grandchildren

lookingfornewf

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 06:28:38 am »
1. On my last vacation I went Scuba Diving and held a 6 foot long shark- True- picture below
2. I have lived in 7 different countries and 5 different states- true- my Dad worked for the Air Force and I traveled around teaching Scuba Diving for Club Med
2.I have 2 children and 10 grandchildren. False. I never had any children.

jesday

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 08:41:12 am »
1.On my last vacation I went Scuba Diving and held a 6 foot long shark

See, there's that shark thing! And it looks like you did that voluntarily! :-[ ;D

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 08:48:45 am »
As a child I was attacked by a dog and had to have plastic surgery.

My first job, 13 years old, was stacking hay at my aunt's friend's barn.

I received my first kiss when I was only 5 years old.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 08:56:08 pm »
As a child I was attacked by a dog and had to have plastic surgery.

My first job, 13 years old, was stacking hay at my aunt's friend's barn.

I received my first kiss when I was only 5 years old.

As a child I was attacked by a dog and had to have plastic surgery. TRUE I was attacked when I was about 7 or so years old. I had my nose ripped off and had to have it re sewn back on... pretty gruesome huh?

My first job, 13 years old, was stacking hay at my aunt's friend's barn. FALSE actually my first job was pet sitting in my house.

I received my first kiss when I was only 5 years old. TRUE lol it was totally like the scene from My Girl. We were like I wonder what it's like to kiss and do you wanna? So we went into my closet and pecked each other on the lips hehe soo cute.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

lorim2

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:20 pm »
1. I am a true Heavy Metal freak!!
2. I have 5 tattoos and plan on getting more.
3. I have been married 6 times.

lorim2

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 09:23:35 pm »
1. True!!  I have been a metalhead all my life!  Just went to Monster Mayhem Festival yesterday in the 102 degree heat and stood in the sun from 1pm till we went under amphitheater at 7 to checkout Dragonforce, Disturbed and Slipnot on the mainstage!!  Ozzy is next on Aug 9!  woohoo

2. Yes I do have 5 tats and will probably get more..Who cares that I am 47 ...at least now I can afford them

3. FALSE..I have been married to the same man for 26 yrs.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 10:56:47 pm »
OK, Julie and Clifford I am so jealous!!!!

Clifford; I've always wanted to go diving with sharks, or just happen upon one!!!

Julie; I've always wanted to go to the wolf sanctuary.  I "adopted" a wolf, Amani, through the WWF when I was in middle school!!

OK my turn;

1. I was walking at 6 months old.

2. I ran track in high school.

3. I used to go to school with Prince's ex wife.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 11:01:22 pm »
1. TRUE; I would freak people out because I was so tiny and would be walking around!!  Had to wear special shoes and almost had to wear braces too cause my feet/ankles almost couldn't handle it.

2. FALSE; I played soccer in HS but I was on the track team for shot and disc.  I did run in one 4X4 at a specialty meet though.

3. TRUE;  She was the sister of one of the girls I played soccer with in Germany.  We weren't in the same grade but I met her a few times through her sister. 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

lorim2

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 09:25:34 am »
I love Louisana...and they have been known to host some pretty good festivals!!  Woohoo I see a roadtrip ;D

AudgePadge

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 10:03:45 am »
So I've been lurking this thread for awhile...I just couldn't come up with anything right away...Here it goes...

1. After being born in Cali, at three months old-I moved to the UK, Belgium, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, France, Montreal, Canada, to Germany and then back to Cali...ALL before I was 6 years old.

2. When I was on a "hot date" at 16, and the guy was sooo nervous, he hit 2 cars while dropping me off...and...I never called him back  :-X

3. I worked for the US Airforce, training specialized K-9s for Airforce One.

AudgePadge

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
Can Ya Guess??

1. After being born in Cali, at three months old-I moved to the UK, Belgium, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, France, Montreal, Canada, to Germany and then back to Cali...ALL before I was 6 years old.

TRUE  My dad worked in the airline industry, and just carted me along until my mom said it's time to come home and "GO TO SCHOOL"---When I started Elementary school, I had to take special classes, because European schools are more advanced...but I didn't speak any English!

2. When I was on a "hot date" at 16, and the guy was sooo nervous, he hit 2 cars while dropping me off...and...I never called him back  :-X

FALSE That actually happened to my brother...he was so nervous about the "good night kiss" he hit 2 parked cars...  ;D

3. I worked for the US Airforce, training specialized K-9s for Airforce One.
TRUE  I trained a Malinois named Ajax for 3 years, and turned him over to a handler that worked on Airforce One. :D  During 9/11- they flew us out to ground zero to help find missing persons...Some thing I'll never forget.

lorim2

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 03:30:15 pm »
Wow...Audgepad ge...How cool is that! I think thats something I could never forget either! 

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 04:05:46 pm »
1. At one point my parents' 3 bedroom house was "home" to 5 humans, 5 dogs (the smallest being 65 pounds), 7 rabbits,  over 75 fish, around 200 snails (in tanks), and a cat.

2. I could ride a horse alone by 4 years old, could stay on a cantering horse by 7, could ride bareback by 13, and could ride with no reins by 14.

3. I want to be a supermodel when I "grow up".
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:25 pm »
1. TRUE! It sure was hectic, but that's what we're used to!

2. FALSE. Everything is true except the fact that I was TERRIFIED of going fast until I was like, 10. But after that, I had a "need for speed". Lol From the time I was little saddling up and taking care of tack was my LEAST favorite part of riding. So I just learned to ride her without it!

3. TRUE. Hey, a girl can dream, right?  :D
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007