Author Topic: dogs and trampolines?  (Read 5862 times)

Offline krikyt

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
dogs and trampolines?
« on: July 29, 2008, 12:50:23 am »
Hey everyone,
Besides my three pups in the pic, I also have a mutt named Barney, he's about the size of a lab.  I have one of those big trampolines in my backyard, and Barney and Ben (the one in the middle) LOVE to play on it. My other two, Squid and Smellie, never showed any interest.  I never thought anything of it except that it's hilarious to watch, but now Squid is having knee troubles and it has me worried about the other two.  Ben has great strong legs and has never shown any signs of problems, but do you think the trampoline is bad for his joints?  I think the only way to keep him off the trampoline would be to get rid of it, but if it's going to ruin his joints, I will.
Also, does anyone else have dogs that like to play on the trampoline?  I have never heard of it before, so I was just wondering if its a normal thing.
Thanks!

Offline krikyt

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: dogs and trampolines?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:08:46 am »
Yeah, I actually had one of those on there. They started by chewing a small hole in it, and over the past 6 months have managed to pull the entire bottom half of the net off. 
I think I will probably get rid of it.
Thanks!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: dogs and trampolines?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:04 pm »
My Newfie X has been jumping on our trampoline for almost 7 years now ! He's NEVER (knock on wood!) had any problems with joints , heck , he's never been sick before !

He loves his trampoline as he's the only dog who can jump up there (we have no steps or ladder) and he keeps all the good toys and bones up there ! hehe  ;D

I actually heard my neighbor telling a friend of her's " You should see that dog , he jumps higher on the trampoline than the kids do" !!!!

I'm trying to think of what I would do if Moose developed joint problems .... I'm not so sure I would take his trampline away though , he loves it too much .

Have you tried the NuVet supplements ? A friend of mine had a really arthritic dog and started him on those , and now you'd never know he had athritus at all !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"