Author Topic: My sister rescued a puppy!  (Read 7197 times)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
My sister rescued a puppy!
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:42:39 am »
My 24 year old sister rescued a puppy yesterday. She is very small and weighs only about 20 lbs. She looks like she has lab, pointer, pit bull and some kind of little dog in her. She is around 5 months old and looks like she is not going to get any bigger.

Next door to her friend's house, is where Maggie lived. They never paid attention to her, never gave her food or water(her water was a little green algae puddle in a bowl) or gave her toys. She just ran the neighborhood. Everyday my sister would go over to her friends house, she would see Maggie. She was skinny, had fleas, and was lonely. So, my sister and her friend, started feeding her everyday, gave her wormer, gave her water daily, flea and tick stuff and gave her love and attention. She really started to bond with my sister because she was basically the first human that had showed her love. So, my sister and her friend had been taking care of her for a couple of weeks and my sister went over to her friend's house the day before yesterday and spent the night. In the morning, she was in the kitchen and she heard whining. Maggie had gotten one of "her owners" shoes and torn it up. There are wood back behind the houses so, "her owners" took her back their and tied a nylon rope to her collar and to a tree and left her their with no food or water(the heat index was 104 degrees yesterday!). So, then my sister went outside and all she saw was the end of the rope and heard whining. In the woods, it is just a bunch of thorny bushes and trees. So my sister, went though all the thorny bushes and followed the rope and found Maggie's rope hanging in a tree branch and Maggie hanging in the air. She was choking herself to death. If my sister would of left her there, she would of died. You know what it is sad, Her owners would not have even noticed that she had died, until she started to smell. So, my sister knew she could not leave her there. So she took her off the collar and just left the rope and collar there. Maggie just followed her and that is how she rescued her. Maggie is a very lucky and sweet girl. She LOVES people and is not shy! Which is amazing, since she did not get much human interaction as a puppy. Maggie thinks my sister is her Momma! She is a very grateful dog!

We gave her bath and she was dirty and smelly! She was very happy after she got a bath! She is doing great at my sister's house! She is going to be taking her to the vet sometime this week for a check up and so that she can be able to take her to the dog park, so if she does have any health problems, she does not want to give other dogs it.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: My sister rescued a puppy!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:30:58 am »
OMG thank god she found her when she did and now has a loving home!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:56:41 am »
Your sister is that pup's angel. Hopefully she won't run into those people and they see she has the dog. I've heard of stories where people rescue the dog only to have the people press charges against the person that saved the dog and then get them back. Of course by the way it sounds they probably won't recogize her as theirs.  ;D since she looks so good now. God Bless your sister...Job well done!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 12:37:03 pm »
She lives about a hour away from those people and will not be taking Maggie over to her friend's house so, I do not think that will happen. :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »
Don't worry, we won't tell. I think there was a very obvious reason your sister decided to spend the night at your friend's house that night.

It will be interesting to see if the neighbors even bother trying to find out what happened to their dog.

She looks like a sweetie. I wouldn't mind at all if she chewed my shoes - that's just gives me a reason to buy new shoes!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »
I don't even think the neighbors will notice!

Maggie was so happy to be in the air conditioning and getting love and food at my sister's house! She slept all night on a blanket in a crate all night without making a peep. My sister is going to try and keep her. :D She is a very grateful, happy girl!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:55:23 pm by KatysTank »

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:17:33 pm »
My sister took Maggie to the vet today! Maggie had alot of hair loss and was itchy. The vet said it was from allergies, malnutrition and fleas. The vet gave Maggie a cortizone shot and some cream to put on her skin. Besides that, she is fine! :D

My sister took her everywhere she went today and Maggie enjoyed it very much!

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 04:12:34 pm »
Gives me hope for our society!!!  Karma, or whatever you want to call it, for every bad (neglectful) persons there is at least one good (positive) near by!!!  Ditto on telling her thanks from all of us!!!