Author Topic: Gagging reflexes turned on  (Read 6366 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Gagging reflexes turned on
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:30:45 pm »
My friend's neighbor down the street feeds her two Very large rotties raw.   About an hour ago I get a phone call to come down because they want to show me something.
I get there and open the door and get a whiff of something that smells like poo and raw meat.
Al's brother had slaughtered some cattle and gave them  some and they were grinding up some of the meat and organs to make a mash(that is what they call it)
They tell me to look in the sink and in it is a cow stomach or stomachs.  That thing was HUGE. I'll spare the details of what the inside looked like when he cut it open but the smell almost knocked me over for sure!
They ground it up and gave me a pint of it to give to Kira and Gunner.  I think I will be feeding them that out in the back yard!!  They love seeing my reaction to things like that.  A few weeks ago it was rabbits.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

jesday

Re: Gagging reflexes turned on
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:12:16 pm »
If you don't feed your bubs raw already, be prepared for some major liquid poo if you give that to them.

I have a neighbor with 3 Danes and just rescued a 4th. She feeds them all raw. She said the newbie was having a rough time with the raw. 3 weeks later and still having quite a mess to clean in the house. Yes, she keeps them all in the house. No problem with that but if one is having a disturbance down below, perhaps a special place for him for awhile. Or maybe raw doesn't work for everybody. I'm just saying... ;)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:30 pm »
If you don't feed your bubs raw already, be prepared for some major liquid poo if you give that to them.

I wondered about that.  I put it in the freezer for now.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:59:06 pm »
Isn't that what Green Tripe is...cow stomache??

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:23 am »

My friend's neighbor down the street feeds her two Very large rotties raw.   About an hour ago I get a phone call to come down because they want to show me something.

Gadzooks, next time they call I'd have a darn good excuse ready.  No way would I go down there.....shud der, gag!   :-\
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 12:08:24 pm »
hehehehehe I just bought 28 packages of Turkey necks 2 kilos of heart and a stomach for the pups. At first DH said he wouldn't have a problem with stomach. I tried to warn him about the smell. lol He didn't listen and of course I wasn't around (disappeared) when he was chopping it up. I guess I have to buy it frozen and mixed with beed bits in the bag now.
We have done fresh rabbit and deer from the hunter. I have the pictures to prove it but think ya'll will want to pass on seeing them. The pups all went nuts for their dinner.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:04:52 pm »
I might not have had the nerve to look in the sink. 
I would like to think my rotti would look at me like "you want me to eat THAT?"  Of course, she did have a feast on leftover pig once.  I think she slept for a day and didn't eat for 3, but it wasn't raw.