Author Topic: Anna Banana and an update  (Read 4521 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Anna Banana and an update
« on: August 03, 2008, 04:45:09 am »
I've really been missing in action, although I do pop back and read frequently.

We're having some problems with Anna Banana, and I've just been reading similar issues with Fumbles.  She's had the diahhrea for the last four nights - can't make it through the night.  This morning it had some blood in it - not bright red, but definitely blood.  She's had nothing unusual to eat...we never give the girls people food of any sort...and no bones or other treats.  I'm fairly certain she hasn't gotten into anything since there's no evidence of rooting or shredding in the basement, where they both sleep.

And of course it's a long weekend here so the vet isn't around until Tuesday.  Our emergency vet clinic is horrid here.  She doesn't seem to be in any pain, is still eating and drinking, and has good energy.

Last time she had the poopies, the dr told me to put her on kaopectate ... so I started that yesterday.  I had hoped it might solidify things but no go so far, and in fact, now the blood  :-\

Send some good thoughts to the goofy newf will you please?
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anna Banana and an update
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:28:06 am »
Awwww , poor Anna Banana girl ! Praying she heals up quickly !

I'm glad to see you back , I was thinking of sweet Barkley on May 19th , I still miss him so !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

jesday

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:03 am »
Have you tried immodium? My vet said and adult dosage would be okay for dogs our size. It might help get her through the night until you can see your vet. It worked on my Sophie girl.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 12:19:08 pm »
Thanks guys...as always!

Amy, it's ironic that you mention Barkley (and how sweet are you for remembering his date??).  After I posted today, I reread the thread from the day he crossed over, and had a good bawl in rememberance of the day, the amazing dog and friend that he was, and the incredible support that we received from BPO!  I have the thread bookmarked in my favourites, and go back every once in a while to read it and remember.  There's no one else quite like your first big paw!

I think I'll try the rice and hamburg or chicken for her supper tonight.  She loves the kaopectate, but it's not working for her.  Might try the imodium as well.

Thanks everyone!
Sandy
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.