Author Topic: Question's about sardex 2  (Read 5980 times)

Offline babykeelah

• Gnawer
  • my baby
    • View Profile
Question's about sardex 2
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:11:50 am »
I have a couple of questions about this medicine. If the dog has very short hair do you have to shave it? Do youhave to wear gloves and also do you have to keep your pet away from the family? I would appreciate any help any one can give me. I am new to this mage thing and I really don't know much about it. Thanks and have a great day!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Question's about sardex 2
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:19:08 am »
I don't know anything about the medication itself but I think that wearing gloves would be in the best interest for you when dispensing any medication.  What advice did your vet give you when s/he diagnosed the mange in regards to the shaving.  I would think that you could probably just shave the areas affected by the mange, but I'm no veterinary professional by any means.  ;)  Give your vet a call, they'd know best how to go about it.  :)  And welcome to the board.  Can't wait to see pics of your babe!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline babykeelah

• Gnawer
  • my baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:34 am »
Well i thank you both and i will do what you both said and call my vet. I thank you both very much and i hope you have a wonderful day. ;)

Offline babykeelah

• Gnawer
  • my baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 07:33:28 am »
Well i applyed the medicine and i dont know if it is going to work or not she is still itching. Well i talked to the vet and they said that if it doesn't work that she may be alergic to something. So it look's like i might have a game of hide and seek ahead of me. i feel so bad for her i had to shave all her fur off,she looks so funny.I wish there was something i could do for her other then medication.I comfort her as much as i can,and the best of my ability. Well Just wanted to keep you posted ill write in a couple of day's and leave you know if it is work or not. thanks again and have a great day! :)

Offline babykeelah

• Gnawer
  • my baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 06:24:48 am »
hello,
   well i figured it out! Here it was not mange she was allergic to her dog food. Gave her bendryl and her bumps are almost gone thank god! I fell so bad for treating her for something she didn't even have. But i guess we live and learn and now i know what she can and can't have. I will get a pic on here asap! thanks again for careing. ttyl bye bye