Author Topic: Picky, Picky, Picky!  (Read 15671 times)

Lyn

Re: Picky, Picky, Picky!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 09:39:24 am »
Nope makes sense to me. ;)

I decided it would be more cost effective to mix in different canned foods then to buy 2 different kibbles. I got some 'Before Grain' canned.. the tripe was a huge success. It smells and looks like puke but they LOVE it. LOL It's really liquidy too since it's just tripe and water so I only need to mix in a tablespoon and it's coats all the kibble. One can lasts 3 days/12 meals. Not too bad. I have a can of the chicken to try tonight.

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 08:40:23 am »
The last time I tried giving them salmon oil it gave Bubba diarrhea. I haven't tried to give it to him in awhile for that reason but it wouldn't hurt to try it again since he can now eat alot of the things that used to upset his tummy before.

I was 'kinda' thinking along the same line yesterday.. I bought a can of Before Grain 100% Salmon. To test his tummy. LOL If that goes ok then I'll attempt the salmon oil.  ;)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »
I give the grizzly salmon oil to Kaila and Shiner and love it.  I tried it with the cats but they weren't overly thrilled with it. 

I hope the Before Grain works better for your guys than it did with mine.  For some reason, the cans of Before Grain made Shiner super gassy.  But EVO cans which are basically the same thing meat and water don't cause gas for him.  He's also fine with Blue Buffalo canned food and I know that's not grain free.  Not sure what's up with that but I couldn't stand him on the Before Grain.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Lyn

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:14:36 am »
They were a bit gassy with the first can.. Bubba more so than Lola since he takes a bit longer to adjust to new foods. Plus the first can I opened was tripe. GAG, :D

So far we have tried the tripe, chicken and salmon. Tripe is Bubba's favorite.. by far. The chicken was also a hit. The salmon not so much. Bubba is refusing to eat it so Lola is finishing off that can. Luckily I only bought one can of Salmon.

They also have Beef, Turkey and Buffalo that I might grab a can each of just to give them some more variety.

AudgePadge

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 10:54:25 am »
I just started the boys on salmon oil...and you know what I woke up to this morning?

Someone peed in Monty's bowl... :-[  Is someone trying to tell me something?

Lol...I think it was a cat or something since it was just a piddle...but Monty looked really sad...