Author Topic: Its so Hard to Say "no"  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Its so Hard to Say "no"
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:27:19 am »
we have always kept in touch with the lady we got our two danes from... Zeus was originally bred by her, and as a puppy he had a rough life, she found out how bad he was being treated and rescued him from that situation. when we met him, it was love, we had to have him... We got memphis as a puppy from this same woman...
Yesterday she tells me she is having a co-own female returned to her, because the family just had a baby and the baby is allergic. she offered me the dane on co-own. she wanted me to show it and help with breeding her... Ohh how i just loved that idea. She was offering me this dane, for free. Its a 18month old fawn female... she sent me photos. She looks exactly like zeus did... It was so very hard to turn her down. i still havent actually said no. i said i had to discuss it with darcy. and thinking about it, here are the reasons we've come up with that it is not a good idea...
1) Memphis is not doing so well, his hips are getting worse, and im sure he will be on Meds very soon...
2) due to zero and memphis fighting, it makes our house 'smaller' with babygates to seperate the two.
3) i have two show dogs already...
4) we are mostly focused on our BTs and shall soon have a 3rd one, which will also be shown...
5) budget is tight right now, and alot of you know the cost of feeding a big paw or two...

Sadly- we are going to have to say no- im so upset cause i think memphis needs something like this. a friend that he can play with and so he isnt so depressed all the time... :(
its just too bad this came up now, instead of a few months ago- or few months from now... *Sigh*
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Its so Hard to Say "no"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:21:57 pm »
I agree!!! The only reason i think it would help memphis is, he is very depressed. and i think if he is OUT more and not moping around his hips wouldnt be so bad (they are just really stiff, no real bad signs of anything but stiffness...) and that i thought would help him. But im glad we make this desision... it is best for our family... But so sad. all the same.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~