Author Topic: we have a rescue as of tonight  (Read 2254 times)

angelsmama

we have a rescue as of tonight
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:15:38 pm »
My cousin and her daughter were at the park today about a mile down the street. She said while walking around they saw a little kitten they thought was just playing because he was hopping around and pawing the air. He heard their voices and came their way leaping the entire time, until they picked him up and saw his eyes. His eyes were totally closed in this nasty green goop and nose runny. My cousin asked her dad if he could drop them off here with the kitten, my uncle has always hated cats so he refused. So my cousin and her daughter (around 13), ran the entire way to our house with the kitten and knocked frantically on our door.  I opened it and they gasped for breath saying "Help" and held up the kitten. My mom is a master herbalist so she knew things to give him. We thought at first he was blind because after we cleaned his eyes he wasn't following anything. His vision cleared up and he could see. We guess him to around 5 weeks old. He got a full belly of salmon & tuna juice and some collidal silver in his eyes and in his mouth. We think within a week he should be back to good. He is now curled up asleep and trying to purr. We'll see how things go if we keep him or not. I'll get pics tomorrow of him, he is adorable though. He is black and white, with a half moustache hehe. 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: we have a rescue as of tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:31:48 pm »
AW! Good for them for knowing exactly who to run to. Can't wait to see the pictures.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:02:45 am »
So glad he found help with you all. Poor baby.
I bet he is adorable too.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:37:21 am »
So glad you were there to help!  Can't wait for pics!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:33:28 pm »
I can't wait to see this one either...it's funny how kitty's find just who they need...Rysa in the picture came to us at 2 days old and she is doing just fine..

Tricia and the fur kids