Author Topic: I love my dog because...  (Read 34985 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: I love my dog because...
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 02:24:04 pm »
I'll have to write why I love Miles a little later though. I need to collect my thoughts as he just chewed up one of my favorite flip flops :P :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!!  Too funny!!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

jesday

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 05:02:40 pm »
I love my dogs because they can do this...this... and this. Then look at you as if to say "Thanks for the cool chew toy!"

Offline Lula The Goofy Newfie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:39 pm »
I love our goofie newfie lula because...

[p] No matter how tall us, or any of our visitors are, she still thinks she can walk under the legs and get back scratches.

... because she can swing a tire on a rope faster than a grown male.

... because she uses her paws to trip us if we are done playing in the yard and she is not ;).

... because she offers the unconditional love and trust that no other individual on the planet can demand, and receive.

... because she tried to lay on patrick's mothers feet, and offer, love, even though she doesn't know her arthritis pains her to allow it.  And I love patrick's mother for allowing lula's foot sitting love to triumphent her arthitic pain :).

... because she hops in bed with us at night while reading and paws our books or licks our hands untill we put our books down and give her the attention she deserves.

... because she plays with our nephews with such gentle care, love, and concern.  She had made one a former dog fearer into, as he calls her, 'his favorite best friend'! Only a newfoundland can create such transformation in a human!

.... because she is the greatest dog on the planet (in our eyes, i am sure yours are the same)! We are about to move to a farm setting and are planning on bringing (at least) one more goofie newfie to our family! 

[/p]
Hills — Sir — and the Sundown — and a Dog — large as myself, that my Father bought me.

Emily Dickinson, responding to an acquaintance's question in a letter: "Who are your companions?" She went into reclusion when only 32, preferring her Newfoundland's company to that of humans.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 08:10:49 am »
Because they are my best friends and love me unconditionall y! :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 08:11:41 am »
love me unconditionall y! :)
Are you sure? :D ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:11:58 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline My Kahlua-Bear! :-]

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 02:13:23 pm »
you my fellow lover of newfs, have just described Kahlua-Bear 100%. I wonder if they're related....  :)

Sierra sounds like an absolute gem

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:53 am »
Thank you!!

SHE IS!!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:14 am »
There are so many reasons I love Harley but the best one is I can be having the worlds crappiest day and when I come home, one look at her happy smiling face and she makes it all go away.  :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline crazysoldier1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:26 am »
I Love my dogs…Because no matter how long or how short I am away from home they will still received me like they haven’t seen in me in years…Because no matter how old or young,  they still think they can be in my lap…Because a simple smile will fulfill their happiness…Because no matter how sad or happy you are, they will still be happy as long as they are with you…Because they are my kids partners in crime when  my kids don’t want to eat anymore, they know for sure they can hide their left over in their big stomachs…Because they are so proud of their family they want to let every other dogs know  who’s  their owners and that they will defend them to the end…Because they always make sure to tell my wife she looks gorgeous even when I am not around…Because  they protect my kids like one of their own…Because no matter how annoying my kids get  they are always available to be their horse, there dragon, there monster, there King Kong, there whale,  their heroes or whatever my kids  imagination can come up with…And I love my Dogs because simply they are part of our family…V/R Iran

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 02:51:24 am »
She makes me laugh all the time. She is so happy to see me and just be with me. When I look into her eyes I just know she knows what I'm feeling. She is my very best friend. :)
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties