Author Topic: New member with Sapphire  (Read 17972 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
New member with Sapphire
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:18:59 am »
Hello.  These are pictures of one of the pups that Mrs. Kidle (kildeskennel) sold.  Her name is Sapphire.  (There are also pictures of our other dog, who has HD, but she is not a "big paw" dog.)  The pictures were taken this morning; one is very silly, because Sapphire was jumping up at the camera.  (That's why I included it.   ;D)

Sofia (daughter of Mrs. Arango, or Good Hope)

P.S. Hmmm...the files are too large to attach.  They are .jpg, but all are over 4 times the maximum.  Is there any way to fix that?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New member with Sapphire
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 08:43:47 am »
Umm...does anyone have any ideas on how to post pictures?  The ones we took are way to big.  Can they be converted to a different file type that's smaller somehow, or can picture size be reduced?  Any suggestions?

Sofia

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:45:14 am »
how much too big?  What size in KB are they?  I usually take low resolution pics and if i have to crop them to make them under 250 KB (which is the limit). 

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:51:30 am »
They are just over 1 MB, which would be 1,000 KB (I think), so that is a lot.  How do you crop pictures and save the changes?  It's never worked for me.

Sofia

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:55:57 am »
Mine where never that big.  on your camera can you change/lower the resolution?  I have a kodak easy share and take pictures on "good quality" unless I want to blow them up and then I use "better or best quality".  makes it easier to open and email them and post them.
or develop them on a disc with your CD burner if you have one or at walmart or wherever you get prints made.  the images they put on the discs are a lot smaller.   (Personally I don't like Walmarts discs or prints)
I just click on the picture after I've saved it and Microsoft picture editor opens with the picture and I square off what  I want and hit crop.

I guess photoshop or paintshop can "shrink" them or you can change them to a zip or btm.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:57:28 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 08:59:17 am »
What program do you have on your computer for editing pictures?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 09:31:02 am »
I'm using Adobe Photoshop, and have cropped it back to 330 KB, but that is still too big.  I'm not very familiar with it.

Sofia

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 09:35:08 am »
you're getting there....try it again...just shave a little off the edges.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:45:59 am »
Thank you very much, lins_saving_gr ace.  Here Sapphire is, although all you can see is her face.

Sofia

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 09:47:15 am »
Now that was worth the wait and work!!! She's sweet.

Lin

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 09:48:25 am »
Welcome. She looks like a sweetheart ;)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 09:51:29 am »
Here is Gucci.  (No, she is not a "big paw" dog; she is under 40 lbs., but she plays with Sapphire all the time.)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 10:04:14 am »
Sapphire looks like a beautiful dog.
The best way to reduce the file size of a picture is to resize it - digital cameras take huge images so that you will have good resolution, and if you shrink it to a more normal size than it will be small enough to post. I usually do 25 or 33% of the image size that my digital camera makes, and that makes it the right size to put online for me. It is super easy to do in photo shop. I am doing this by memory since we don't have photoshop at work, so excuse me if I get the menu titles wrong, but all you have to do it go to "edit" then to "image size" and then you should have a place where is says how many pixels the picture is. You can change 'pixels' to 'percent' in the drop-down box next to the # of pixels, and it will turn to percent. Then you just put in 25 or whatever and click ok. Then save an voila. Cropping is also easy. You just use your square lasso to select the area you can to keep, and then you can choose 'crop' from the edit image menu as well.
RIP former BPO

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 10:05:07 am »
BTW, I realized I hadn't mentioned Gucci's breed; she is an American Eskimo.  We didn't pick her name either.  We picked her up because she was standing in the road for a long time and was lost; she had a tag, so we thought we would just return her to her owner.  That was how we knew her name.  (The owner never came to get her, so we ended up keeping her.)

Thank you for the compliments.  Sapphire is going to need a bath though.  My mother (Good Hope) or I will post more pictures tomorrow, or as soon as we can.

Sofia

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 10:07:26 am »
Both of your dogs are just stunning!...Welcome to B.P.'s!