Author Topic: New pictures of MYA!!!!!! :D  (Read 19047 times)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
New pictures of MYA!!!!!! :D
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:04:49 pm »
Mya is doing wonderful at our home!! She is so well behaved and LOVES Tank! If you do not know already, I got Mya for a surprise birthday present from my Mom! She a 5 month old American Bully. She is very smart and already knows how to sit, stay, come and we are working on laying down. She is very loyal and never barks! lol But, I am sure Tank will eventually teach her the bad habits he has learned from the dachshunds! haha!

Here are some updated pictures of Mya and me!!! She was off leash in our front yard. We live out in the country and she is very well behaved outside off a leash! :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: New pictures of MYA!!!!!! :D
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:26 pm »
awwwwe, she is very cute.  I love the smile on her face.  :)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29:44 pm »
haha! yea, I love her big smile!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:45 am »
She is so adorable! You both look very happy.  :)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »
Mya is actually an American Bully not an American Staffordshire Bull Terrier. :D

Offline Akitamom08

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Porscha- My American Akita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 10:47:53 pm »
MYA IS SUCH A ADORABLE PUPPY!! :)

Proud Owner Of
*Black Labrador Mix - Mercedes
*American Akita - Porscha

"If dogs dont have souls, then look into a Akitas eyes"
•*´`*•.AMY,PORSCHA,& MERCEDES•*´`*•

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:19 am »
Mya is gorgeous! I was just curious about her breed... In Canada we don't recognize the APBT as a breed, but we recognize the Am.Staff, so I was reading some of the American Bully sites and started to wonder if the title is just a way around BSL? A few sites said the breed developed within the past 15 years as a cross between the APBT and Am.Staff, forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression that they are essentially the same breed?

A CKC website said this about the difference: The term "Pit Bull" is often used to refer to several different breeds of dogs. The most common are the American Staffordshire Terrier, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the American Pit Bull Terrier. Some believe that these breeds of dogs all originally came from the same pit fighting stock over 100 years ago but have been bred to differing standards and are now known as distinct and separate breeds. Others believe that these dogs are simply different strains of the same breed.

Similar to having two "types" of American Bulldogs.

Just looking for some info ;)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:44:26 am »
People get American Bullies confused with APBT a lot. American Bullies and APBT are two total different breeds. From what I understand, American Bullies were made to make a calmer, more laid back dog and were bred from crossing mastiffs,American Bulldogs and American Staffordshire Bull Terriers. It also depends on what lines they come from. Example: Dela Cruz and Razors edge are American Bully lines.

Here is more information about American Bullies:

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=101142

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=102385

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=101804&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I hope that helps! :D

Katy

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:08 pm »
So this is what I got out of it and a few other websites, correct me if I missed the boat... The American Bully is a line-bred APBT, chosen for type, so not a different dog, just a name for the "type/appearance" of the dog. Razorsedge in particular, doesn't mention anything of adding different breeds to the line, just selecting for type.

I'm a fan in general of the Am.staffs, American Bulldogs, Bullmastiffs ;D... Mya is the first American Bully I've ever heard of, so I had to get some info ;)

Does Caesar Milan refer to Big Daddy as an American Bully? It seems he would fit the bill.

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 06:01:43 pm »
American Bullies are built more stockier and weigh more.

APBT are lean and muscular.

APBT are game pits, Staffies are show pits and American Bullies were bred for looks. American Bullies are a newer breed and I have only been around for a few years.

It is still confusing to me! lol but, no, APBT and American Bullies are not the same breed.

A great forum to join to learn about the difference and other questions you may have is http://www.pitbullforum.com/index.php.

I joined that forum and I had no idea what a American Bully was and I was only familiar with American Pit Bull Terriers and Staffies. I learned all about the difference between the three and other stuff. It is a very good forum if you want to learn about APBT. :D

I hope that helps!

Katy

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 06:09:48 am »
APBT are game pits, Staffies are show pits and American Bullies were bred for looks. American Bullies are a newer breed and I have only been around for a few years.

I'm surprised that the "Pit" affectionados would promote this thinking. APBT are "game" pits ???...that thinking is what has helped the breed get their horrible reputation and become banned in so many states/provinces.

Razors edge used to be a huge promoter of their dogs being very "game". I looked into them about 8 years ago when I was thinking of getting a APBT and was very thrown by their philosophies. They have bred some gorgeous dogs but I see them as a production kennel. Just my personal opinion.

Liz, I was thinking American Bulldog too at first, however all that i've read so far leads me to believe the American Bullies are thicker APBT. I was going the same direction with Classic vs Standard for APBT vs American Bullie ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the look, just wondering if the American Bullie as a different Breed would pass BSL in banned areas such as Ontario ;) Off to do some more research. Thanks.

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:44 am »
Amstaffs have show background and APBT have game background. That is the difference in between those breeds. And American Bullies are not American Bulldogs either.

They are basically a bigger APBT but APBT breeders and owners do not like calling them that and do not consider them the same breed.

I never knew what an American Bully was until I joined that forum and learned all about them. It is still a little confusing to me and yes, American Bullies are against BSL because they are a bully breed.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 07:49:02 am »
The American Bully was established in the mid 1990’s with the purpose of creating the ultimate family companion. The American Bully is a combination of the desired traits of the ancestry of the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier. This was achieved through years of selective breeding. The American Bully possesses the loyalty and stability of the American Pit Bull Terrier while retaining the sociable, amiable, and outgoing temperament of the American Staffordshire Terrier. This unique breed is noted for displaying extreme tolerance toward children and an overwhelming eagerness to please its family. Confident, yet not aggressive, this breed is all in all of a pleasant temperament. Physically, the American Bully has a graceful yet impressive, solid, defined, athletic build that is both muscular and toned, and denotes strength as well as agility. It is a breed capable and diverse in all tasks and abilities. The American Bully is a well rounded, reliable, trustworthy, and all around the ideal family companion.

HOME OF THE NEW GENERATION OF BULLY BRED DOGS. BLOODLINES CONSIST OF RAZORSEDGE, GOTTI, GAFF & GREYLINE JUST TO NAME A FEW. WE ARE HERE TO HONOR A NEW BREED OF DOG MADE FROM AN OLD CLASSIC FAVORITE "THE AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER
".

Welcome to American Bully Brand Located in San Diego California,
We specialize in breeding and developing The Bully style American pit bull terrier.
Are focus is to produce Bullies with great temperament large blocky heads and extreme muscle Development. Our bloodline consists of some of the best pedigrees available in the country.
 Gottiline, Aceline and Razors Edge are some of bloodlines that build our brand.

Signatures: 1,159
Goal: 2,000
Deadline: 12-10-2007
See Full Petition
Email this Petition
The Founder of Razor's Edge "pit bulls" has admitted he has mixed several breeds of dogs, including the American Pit Bull Terrier, to produce a new "breed" of dog he calls the American Bully, giving credence to the suspicions of responsible "pit bull" owners that these dogs are of mixed lineage. We therefore urge the UKC to investigate this issue and revoke papers if appropriate.

I couldn't for the life of me find Razor's Edge Kennels on the web, lots of kennels breeding 100% of his line, but not the kennel itself.

It would seems that there is a lot of discord among APBT breeders and Razor's Edge at this time as he may have effectively wiped out generations of bloodlines and Kennels if the petition to have his line's papers revoked goes through :o

Still couldn't confirm an answer as to what dogs were used to produce the American Bully, some websites are saying it is a "type" of the APBT, others are saying its a developing breed produced from introducing other unnamed bully breeds.

Modified to say, just read your new post....becomi ng clearer, thanks ;) I wasn't questioning whether the American Bully group was against BSL, I think anyone who owns any of the great Bully breeds is, but if by calling it a new breed as opposed to the APBT, if you could legally own one in BSL states??
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:54:06 am by 2Criminals »

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 07:58:18 am »
yea. My Mom read that some lines of American Bullies were from breeding AmStaffs, Mastiffs and American Bulldogs together. Then I have also read that they came from lines of APBTs.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 07:59:07 am »
First, let me state that I can't tell the difference between a APBT, Staffie, or an American Bully by looking at them.  But this is interesting to me because the Malinois is considered a separate breed from the other Belgian Shepherds here in the US but are considered varieties in Europe.  So I wonder if the APBT, STaffie, and the American Bully would be considered varieties instead of separate breeds.  
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience