Author Topic: My LGD is taking care of a family of chipmunks!  (Read 1776 times)

Offline podiecat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
My LGD is taking care of a family of chipmunks!
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:57 am »
Hi All,  I won't discuss what had happened last week - I just want you to know we are fine now and totally in love with each other.  Lia is doing great!  She's in season now and we are taking the next two months to lay low, stay away from the boys, and heal from our traumas.  After her hormones settle down she will be spayed.

I'm posting now because I just wanted to share this story with the BPO community....   Lia is a Pyr/Tibetan Mastiff mix between 1-2 years old...

I have a hole in a porch window that Lia has no way to get to but a family of chipmunks has been coming in for a week now - only today did I discover why.  So all day long there had been kodak moments as I would look over to see Lia on one side of an open door looking down, and a chipmunk on the exact opposite side of the door doing the same.   And I also saw Lia sniffing and kissing one of the chipmunks.  Soooo Sweet!!!!!!!   I wish I caught it with my camera.   

It reminds me of the time one of my cats brought a mouse into my bedroom.  I finally gave up waiting to catch it.  The next morning I woke up and when Hannah, my Saint, stood up from her bed, there was a mouse in fine shape - he had slept with Hannah......

~carol and lia
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:51:25 pm by podiecat »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: My LGD is taking care of a family of chipmunks!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »
Awwwe, that is so cute!
I would love to see a pic of her doing that if you can capture one in time........lo l.

Offline podiecat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: My LGD is taking care of a family of chipmunks!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:43:52 pm »
I have tried several times - unfortunately I'm so tech challenged that even when the camera was in my hands, by the time I got it set for a good shot Lia and the chipmunk moved.

Such a gentle soul.......