Author Topic: Pyr purring  (Read 5127 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Pyr purring
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:00:47 am »
Jenny does this adorable thing that I swear sounds like a cat purring...she puts her head in my lap and when I scratch her under the chin (like a cat), she makes this groan/moan/purr sound. It's so cute!  :D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr purring
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:34:38 am »
That's adorable!  I think you need to record it and post it for us to hear too.   ;) ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:49:06 am »
Phoebe makes what we call "piggy noises" when we pet her under her chin, and she has done that since we brought her home.
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:34:31 am »
Jenny does this adorable thing that I swear sounds like a cat purring...she puts her head in my lap and when I scratch her under the chin (like a cat), she makes this groan/moan/purr sound. It's so cute!  :D

I know what you're talking about!  When I met Champ's mommmy, she made a purring sound when I pet her.  At first I didn't know what to make of it, but the breeder just laughed and said that it was the sound she makes she's happy to be petted.  Whew! Because, I thought she was growling at me! 

Champ doesn't purr, but loves to cuddle and press his head into your chest.  When you snuggle with him, he always lets out this burp/sigh sound....sound s gross, but it's really very endearing!!! :)