Author Topic: bumps after spay surgery?  (Read 5427 times)

Offline MarleyPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Marley - Pyr & Jasmin - BMD
    • View Profile
bumps after spay surgery?
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:17:43 pm »
My little Jasmin had her stitches removed about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed that at the start of the stitch line a lump had formed. Doesn't look pussy or anything but it is about the size of a kidney bean and a dark color. Could this be seuture reaction or does that really exist?
Carolyn
1 Great Pyr 2yrs
1 Berner pup

Casselman,Ontario
Canada

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: bumps after spay surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:35:06 pm »
Good question.  Ursa had this same thing after her spay but it resolved itself over time.  Have you had a chance to ask your vet about it?
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:34 pm »
I would keep an eye on it.  I'm trying to remember back to Gunther's neuter if he got a purple bump before he had an abcess.  One of his internal sutures didn't want to stay internal and came to the surface.  It freaked me out at first b/c they used huge sutures and I thought he had some internal organs coming out!

As long as it doesn't look infected, it could be something as simple as she bruised or pulled something.  If it gets larger though, you may want to take her in to make sure she didn't pop an internal stitch.  By now, it shouldn't be a big problem as they use dissolvable for the internal ones and they will be breaking down.

Offline faye

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 01:49:26 pm »
mine too had the bumps. vet said it was normal and they would disappear. they did!