Author Topic: Do your dogs eat better than you?  (Read 8857 times)

lookingfornewf

Do your dogs eat better than you?
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:18:01 am »
As usual there have been a lot of posts about food recently. I am always researching and asking questions here, there and everywhere to make sure my dogs are getting the best possible food. I also am very careful about their weight, readjusting amounts if I think they are getting even the least bit heavy.
I work at a little snack bar in the winter months. My husband stopped by last night and grabbed a hotdog and fries for his dinner. He suggested I bring the leftover hotdogs home for the dogs. I told him I wouldn't let them eat that crap, and yet here I will give it to him. ::) We do eat better than that most of the time, but we are also both quite overweight. I am much more careful about what I feed the dogs and their weight than I am about mine. I guess I find theirs easier to control. Anybody else here feed their dogs better than themselves?

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Do your dogs eat better than you?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:29:29 am »
Granted I feed my baby more consistantly better than myself (although I do try to eat right) that does not however keep HER from eating junk food; markers, match box cars, shoes, socks, horse "dukey" from next door, old tires, etc. So although she seems less tolerant (digestively) to human junk food. "Dog" junk food doesn't seem to bother her, go figure! We can try and teach them good nutrition but when they are babes, they eat what they want when you aren't lookin!lol.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

List

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:57:49 pm »
Boston and the cats are sharing a fresh pork loin roast for dinner and dh and I are having frozen pizza. LOL  ;) So yes my pets do eat better than I do. DH and I try to eat healthy as we can, but we love the occasional junk fest. The animals eat raw, so they always get a good variety and I make most of their treats too.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:31:25 am »
I try to eat healthy! I swears!  ::)  But the cost of good dog food these days...I eat Taco Bell so Monty can eat Rabbit!

hahaha. That is sooo me. :P I get Miles top of the line and I eat ramen noodle soup and taco bell. ::)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:11:13 am »
My husband laughs at me every time I am making a bowl for Lily...he calls it LABORATORY! LOL Mixing dry and wet food, adding salmon oil, probiotics and Vitamin E and then throwing a week old leftovers in microwave for myself makes me look like a freak :P ::) Oh, yeah, in the meantime wearing a hat and two sweaters because our house is only 60F...for the dog I love  :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:44:49 am »

Unless it's chocolate, wine, sugar, sammiches, tacos, pancakes, anddd......... .....pizza

:D :D :D ::)
What, Lily is super mad right now  >:( Meat lovers pizza is her FAV!!!  :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Gracey Lou

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 01:37:21 pm »
100% the dog eats better then I do. Her kibble has higher quality ingredients in it then most of my food. I'm eating KD and Mr. Noodles to make sure she gets the best food I can buy for her lol. It's sad...but oh so true haha
Part Cane Corso, part St.Bernard.... .ALL LOVE!

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »
Hubby eats pretty well, but I tend to live on chocolate milk and the occassional bowl of cereal.  My dogs on the other hand, get the pork spare ribs, pork liver, whole fryers, turkey drumsticks, etc. that I would love to eat, if I wasn't saving them for the dogs.  I will sometimes slice off a few pieces of their liver and saute it for us.  I know it isn't good for us, cholesterol and all that, but it sure does taste good.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats