Author Topic: Why would you eat your bed response  (Read 16578 times)

jesday

Why would you eat your bed response
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:46:39 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

I made a test toy out of the rip-stop material I mentioned in previous post. I filled it with his favorite stuffing. He has been trying for any hour with nary a tear. :D

First photo - Before
Second Photo - Syrus goes right for the weakest part, the corners
Third Photo - Sophie steal
Last Photo - After

Thanks Miss Patty Yellow Dog. I may have a bed he can't destroy after all. At least not the insides.

Viking Lady

Re: Why would you eat your bed response
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:47:08 am »
Yippeee!!So where is this stuff, at a fabric store?

jesday

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:33:18 am »
Yes, JoAnne's is the place.

It's really slippery to sew. I'd probably do better if I wasn't lazy and used a pin or two or, heaven forbid, use a basting stitch. Learned that back in the days when we had home economics in school. Little kitchens and sewing machines. Am I dating myself? ::)

3 hours and counting. Toy is still holding up. :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:33:53 am by El'skids »

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:03:02 pm »
I am. I remember we had to make aprons to wear in those kitchens.

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 12:32:04 pm »
I always got hurt in the kitchen. Married a guy that cooked for a living, but then he was always at work.....cooki ng.

I signed up for auto shop in high school but girls couldn't take it back then.

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
We did the same thing with our girls. They all had a tool box in their cars and knew how to repair, tune, and change a tire. To this day they know more than their husbands about cars. My son, the youngest, was of the computer mind and learned the least. Ironic........ ....

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 05:22:08 pm »
We also put them in old heavy cars when they started to drive. And old Chevy Malibu and an old Fairlane, I think, but both from the 60's. I still have the '66 Mustang that my dad bought when I was 16.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 03:21:29 am »
I will be "28" FOREVER :P  I had to reply because yesterday we put a new blanekt in Gunners crate and when I came home from work yesterday he had shredded the new one already.
My neighbor is making me crate pads out of car upholstry material, the pleather kind with foam in between.
He says Gunner wont be able to destroy this....we'll see.

I am domestic,  but I will say I am a bit of a priss too.
I grew up on a dairy farm, so I knew how to milk cows and goats, churn butter, pick eggs, fight off pissed off geese, ducks and chickens, Ive even sherred sheep,,  I would even help our ferrier by cleaning the horses hooves so he could re-shoe them!!
I can check the oil in my cars, fill the tires with air, pump my own gas but that's about it.  I can cook, pretty darn good I might add, clean, im a bit OCD, mow the lawn and I know how to use a hammer and a drill,  saws scare me and I wont light a propane BBQ grill.  I watched one sear the eyebrows and hair off of my husbands arms because of a faulty regulater.

A HUGE THANK YOU to whoever started this conversation.  I have a birthday coming up and my vain self is feeling a wee bit down about it,  stupid I know.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Viking Lady

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 04:30:51 am »
Good morning....Fix ed my coffee, schlepped through my bookwork, took my rainy day Aleve, and checked in here. So everybody's feeling or confessing their age. I am Virgo born in 1950. My 4 kids are from 28 to 37, I have 5 grandchildren, currently separated from hubbby,and making the best of a pretty darn good life.

jesday

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 04:56:55 am »
We also put them in old heavy cars when they started to drive. And old Chevy Malibu and an old Fairlane, I think, but both from the 60's. I still have the '66 Mustang that my dad bought when I was 16.

Drooling over the '66. 8) Don't you just hate what they've done to the Mustang?

Patty, I think you and I are topping the charts. I'm 52.

Laughing at(with) Kira. A BPO and OCD? Hows that working for ya?

By the way, rip-stop toy still intact. I'm not having high hopes for the car interior pleather. Let us know how that turns out.

Viking Lady

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:19 am »
I don't know about you other "old ladies" (I'm 58) but I have found that with age comes wisdom. There is school smart and real life smart and some of both is great. Alot of school and a little living makes you educated beyond your intelligence.

But what I love about this age is that I have so much more confidence in myself now. I used to always worry about what other people would think about things, or if I would upset people. Now I know that I always try to do the right thing and if other people don't agree, that's ok.

Viking Lady

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 10:26:37 am »
In a world that glorifies young and skinny it is quite comfy to have a little spot that allows you to be yourself. I don't know any of you, but you have been most kind in accepting me into the group.

'preciate it........

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 01:37:03 pm »
Laughing at(with) Kira. A BPO and OCD? Hows that working for ya?

By the way, rip-stop toy still intact. I'm not having high hopes for the car interior pleather. Let us know how that turns out.
[/quote]

well, I wipe, sweep, mop and dust ALOT!  
Im not having much hope for it either.  He destroys everything he puts his mouth on,  he popped my son's basketball!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

jesday

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 01:39:31 pm »
Jack's good for the muscle work - pounding fence posts, shoveling driveways - bucking wood, but when it comes to home repairs the joke in our house is he holds the flashlight.

Wasn't until my late 30's I was exposed to farm life. I wasn't afraid of a little dirt and grime but local neighbors thought I was a little teched in the head. My chicken coop was deluxe with heated ramp from inside to outside during the winter so their scrawny little feet didn't get cold. Had a large bunny yard fenced in with plenty of rabbit condos. Couldn't keep them in those little cages. Apparently couldn't keep them in the yard either. Bunnies dig. Not to mention how hard it is to sex a rabbit. Yeah, that was our bunny population explosion year.

Viking Lady

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 01:50:38 pm »
We worked on our little "cottage" for twenty years. My husband and I did all the work ourselves. We opened up the attic, added a den, renovated and enlarged the kitchen, and resanded all the oak floors. We doubled the size of our house just as our last child moved out.