Author Topic: Athena found a special "treat" this morning!!  (Read 5848 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Athena found a special "treat" this morning!!
« on: November 14, 2008, 02:58:34 am »
I swear this dog knows the holiday are coming. She has been extra excited here lately. Perhaps she has seen me hiding her new toys  :o. Anyway this morning while I'm taking a shower she has her pantyhose on my bed and is tugging away being a good girl. I get out of the shower and go to comb my hair and notice the bar of soap is missing off of the sink. I couldn't find it anywhere this morning so I must assume she has eaten it. It was one of those small one that you get in a hotel. She seems fine and I'm just waiting for the vets office to open up. Are there any other "soap eaters" out there? Never had this happen before.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Athena found a special "treat" this morning!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:28:29 am »
It really shouldn't do any harm other than maybe an upset tummy.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:52 am »
Clifford grabbed a full size bar of soap out of the shower and ran around the house with his prize for quite a while. Once I stopped laughing I took it away from him and warned hubby if he saw him foaming at the mouth not to worry. It didn't seem to bother him a bit.

jesday

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:08 am »
If she truly ate it you may have more surprises when you get home. Soap is a natural laxative. ;D

I'd put in a call to your vet anyway just to check.

Syrus loves my cough drops. I always leave a couple by my bed. I have to hide them now because that is the first place he heads when I let them in. :D

Tonda

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:07 am »
My friend's boxer was a major soap eater. She loved it so much she'd lick the shower walls. Never seemed to hurt her. She lived to 14, eating soap every chance she got.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:34 am »
yep, vet confirmed to be on the lookout for diarreha. (Oh goodie) She is in daycare today. Guess I better call them and give them a warning  :o Guess she will be clean as a whisle this afternoon!  ;D :D
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:40:39 pm »
Rosie went through a soap kick for awhile. She ate a whole bar of Irish Spring soap once. We knew something was up when we gave her chin rubs and her chin started to develop suds. She had a couple days of soft stool, but not much harm other than that. I would call the vet just to make sure though, and give them the exact type of soap she ate. Some soaps might be harsher on their system than others.
Rosie - Newfoundland