Author Topic: Cane Corso??  (Read 7733 times)

Offline MattMoloch1004

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Cane Corso??
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:31:35 pm »
Good afternoon everyone. I'm looking into getting a Cane Corso. I have a few questions. Besides what the web says about the Cane Corso breed.. does any have actual feedback and/or tips or advice about the breed? Also, does anyone know of any reputable breeders? Preferably around the east coast. I'm stationed in NC and would love to see the actual kennel I get my dog from. If not, is it really safe to have a puppy mailed to you? Any tips, advice, comments, or concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline shy-faiz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Cane Corso??
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:17:03 pm »
beautiful dogs!

we train them in schutzhund and protection
 great pets too!

im from the uk so i dont know of any breeders where you are  but id try and find a good breeder , getting a dog mailed to you - you dont know what you are getting!!
thanks ,
               shy-faiz

owned by
gsd Reggie - dob 20/1/2011
alaskan malamute Zach - dob 26/12/2008
4 cats
Foster dog Crystal - whippet x staff
2 budgies
2 hamsters
and many fish

<3 RIP JOOP <3 15.09.2003 - 13.06.2012 forever walking with us

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:16:56 pm »

As a general rule, anyone who would ship a dog to you, sight unseen without really knowing where they are sending this pup, is not reputable and in it just for the money.  THEY don't know if they are sending to a testing lab, or true loving owner in the end.

So I would start with the Cane Corso club and Rescue - those are your best sources for referral, although no guarantee all are reputable (every club has non-reputable that they can't get rid of).

http://www.canecorso.org/

Rescue is your best option since those who rescue, know who is doing what, and who's dogs they are taking in - so they often know the most reputable out there.  And you could consider a rescue first anyway.....
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 05:17:42 am »
Actually reputable breeders do ship and to people they have not personally met if that is deemed the best home.  Although there are a ton of crappy breeders out there that will send a puppy to anybody who has money there are also those that that do the best for the puppy they can. And your best homes are not always the ones close by. You have to do your homework and always best if you can tour the kennel personally but I would not let shipping deter from a final decision.

Offline mammabrat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 08:25:18 pm »
I actually have a Maso mastiff (english mastiff/cane corso) but my sister breeds cane corso dogs. she has a litter now that is 10 weeks old. I love the breed. They are great with kids. They seem very smart and train easily. I've been begging her to give me a pup, but my husband would kill me if I brought home another dog.