Author Topic: Boulder, Co - Here I come!!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Boulder, Co - Here I come!!
« on: November 16, 2008, 04:01:21 am »
Hi, folks
I am flying into Boulder for a PetSmart Rescue Wagon Canine Assessment course. Do you have any must see attractions in the Mile High area??
THoM
The Orginal Lurker
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Boulder, Co - Here I come!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:03:45 am »
isn't one of the treasury buildings there?  My ex went to Boulder once and came home with a bunch of coins.  he was looking for minted coins for his and my birth years.  I'm sure there's a ton of other cool coins and bills too. 
I think Budweiser has a plant there too.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:24:37 am »
I might have some ideas for you!  Will you be going with or without your pooch?

Boulder is an adorable little town-it's exactly how most people think about Colorado, as it feels like it's surrounded by mountains.  In downtown Boulder, there is the "mall," that is full of great little shops and restaurants.  Whether in Boulder or Denver (I prefer the Denver one), try the Rio Grande (aka, "the Rio") for the BEST margaritas.... just be careful!  There's a 3 margarita limit for a reason!!!!  Hiking opportunities will surround you; can't think of any particular great trail, but you really can't go wrong playing in the "flatirons."

North of Boulder is Estes Park; it's beautiful and there is some GORGEOUS hiking and horseback riding in that area.  Might be a tad chilly this time of year, so bundle up!!!!

In Ft. Collins (again, not too far from Boulder), I recommend the Fat Tire Brewery....so fun!!!! 

In Denver, hmm....you could go to the U.S. Mint.  As for restaurants, I recommend Vesta Dipping Grill.  The Buckhorn Exchange is the quintessential Denver restaurant- it was the first restaurant in Denver and Buffalo Bill allegedly frequented the place often.  The menu is weird, but something to experience- you can try rattlesnake, elk, buffalo, venison, etc.  It's famous for it's wild game menu.  And, as I mentioned, you need to end with a drink at the Rio. 

If you have your dog in Denver, don't miss meeting with the locals at Cheeseman Park around 6:oopm...It's a great bunch of dogs/owners and they might have some more ideas for you....but, just a warning, it's sort of unofficial, so there's a bit of a ticketing danger (people go anyway...I went everyday for 2 years and was fine). 

Have a great time!!!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 01:49:23 pm »
OH.....the pangs of nostalgia....I'm DYING here!!!! :) 

You know, there was a Matam Fez in Denver too....is it a chain?  It sounds wonderful, but the one in Denver looked a bit scary on the outside.